LEGEND still have?

mizzoufinal4

Its still there but they did not use it once during our 13 day.

They cant retract it while the ship is moving I think.

Actually the roof can be opened and closed while at sea.

My mom and I sailed Destiny back in 2011. On our only sea day, we had a beautiful morning, then we hit the worst rain storm I can remember at sea. (The tail end of Hurricane Rina.) As we sailed, the roof over the aft pool was closed. Bells started dinging loudly and I stood on the back of deck 10, overlooking the aft pool, in the pouring rain, mesmerized, as the telescoping sections of the roof closed. It was very cool to watch.

Actually the roof can be opened and closed while at sea.

My mom and I sailed Destiny back in 2011. On our only sea day, we had a beautiful morning, then we hit the worst rain storm I can remember at sea. (The tail end of Hurricane Rina.) As we sailed, the roof over the aft pool was closed. Bells started dinging loudly and I stood on the back of deck 10, overlooking the aft pool, in the pouring rain, mesmerized, as the telescoping sections of the roof closed. It was very cool to watch.

You are correct. On the Splendor in November, they closed & opened the roof many times while sailing. They always closed it for the deck parties on that ship. On our last sea day, it was looking like rain, so they closed it. Then, it cleared up, so they opened it, and I got to watch it open.