A question for those who sailed Quantum.

CanadaRob,

August 23,1990 Carnival Jubilee-yup this ship is Star cruise

Henna now

January 20,2015 Quantum of the seas

I was just curious....There was no sailing on the Quantum on January 20, 2015...I was on the 1/11/2015 to the 1/23/2015...What sailing were you actually on?

Just wondering :confused: !

- Miriam

CanadaRob,

August 23,1990 Carnival Jubilee-yup this ship is Star cruise

Henna now

January 20,2015 Quantum of the seas

I was just curious....There was no sailing on the Quantum on January 20, 2015...I was on the 1/11/2015 to the 1/23/2015...What sailing were you actually on?

Just wondering :confused: !

- Miriam

CanadaRob's countdown calendar indicates that he sailed on the 1/23/2015 Quantum cruise.

I only had 2 nights on the Quantum and based on that I would say I definitely prefer Oasis class over Quantum. That said, I did enjoy DD and the shows I saw. Sonic Odyssey wasn't playing yet on my sailing. I really enjoyed Starwater and liked Mama Mia. Preferred the Aquatheater and shows on Oasis class a bit more.

However I agree with the PP. The activities and entertainment were sorely lacking for our 2 nights. Rock and Salsa are not my favorites music types and there seemed to be few other options. We were actually BORED on our 2 evenings. With there being no dedicated night club playing popular dance music and not wanting to hear rock cover bands we pretty much went back to our room. However, I've booked Anthem for a 12 night sailing and am hoping for a better experience. I love the idea of the newest Royal ship sailing 15 minutes away from me, and am excited about the itinerary. I am glad they introduced the Classic dining option and will most likely opt for that. I really hope they expand the daytime and night time activities otherwise I probably wouldn't sail again.

In a word, no. I have to say though that the ship is really well thought out and was absolutely beautiful!

It was a ton of work to make pre-cruise dining and entertainment reservations for our party of 8 and our Dynamic Dining experience certainly wasn't dynamic. I did enjoy the shows, although I will admit I didn't get Sonic Odyssey.

I wholeheartedly agree with Clancy14 and others that the cruise was boring. We found little to do during the day and except for the nightly shows there was nothing that held much appeal. The highly touted Music Hall had very little music. A very uninspired CD and an extremely snarky AD didn't help, and I was on the New Year's Cruise!

Nonetheless, whatever sails from Cape Liberty is still 20 minutes from my home, so I will reevaluate when the 2016 - 2017 schedule is announced.

We are also Diamond C&A. We thought the ship was very attractive and the food was very good but we would never cruise on it again. It lacked any personality and warmth. Perhaps the change in dining plans will change that, but we don't care enough to find out.

The entertainment on my cruise (12 Night - 1/11 to 1/23) was terrible! And that is a mild understatement! Out of 12 nights, we probably enjoyed 2. Cruise staff has no leadership from CD or AD and STRUGGLED to keep cruisers entertained after 7pm (failed miserably!). Cancelled our 12 Night Anthem cruise - went back to ships that seem to fit our likes and style better. Don't need all the bells and whistles to have an enjoyable cruise (most of them didn't work right anyway and the ones that did had waiting lines and high prices!) ;). We enjoy service, reasonable prices, stylish decor, attentive waitstaff, well run activities staff.

So glad that RCCL has so many ships, that way, everyone is happy with their choices.

- Miriam

Funny, our entertainment for the 11 niter, was absolutely fantastic.

Troy Thirdgill: Comedian

Jeff Tracta: Singer & impressionist.

Tony Tillman: Singer

John Joseph & Johny B: Comedians and singers.

In addition to Mamma Mia which was absolutely top notch. Downside, seem too many poles in the theatre as compared to other RCL's ships. We got 30 mi. early and still wound up by a pole.

We also, got a big kick from the Karaoke in the Music Hall--some were very good and others simply bad.

We enjoyed DD as it made each evening special. The only downside was spotty wait service in both the specialty and complementary restaurants.

Troy Thirdgill: Comedian

Jeff Tracta: Singer & impressionist.

Tony Tillman: Singer

John Joseph & Johny B: Comedians and singers.

Not one of these was one on our 12 Nighter...Our comedian, Jim David, was excellent. He was the best entertainment of my cruise (in MY opinion). I have cruised with John Joseph and Johnny B. before (on the Explorer to Bermuda, about 3 years ago) and loved them.

Looks like RCCL actually read the electronic reviews from the previous cruises and did something about the entertainment. Good for them and good for you. I'm glad that you had a better cruise experience (entertainment-wise) than we did. And I agree with you about the "poles". We are able in sit in the "Suites/Diamond Plus only area" (- very small area to begin with - it has a glass front and poles everywhere as well). - poor planning in the design of this theater, as well as Music Hall!

There would have to be NO OTHER entertainment anywhere on the ship, the promise of $ 1,000,000.00 for attending, and Tom Selleck, John Travolta, Tom Hanks, Kevin Costner and Kevin Kline as my devoted companions, while my DH is locked in our cabin to get me to go to karaoke. :eek:

- Miriam

There would have to be NO OTHER entertainment anywhere on the ship, the promise of $ 1,000,000.00 for attending, and Tom Selleck, John Travolta, Tom Hanks, Kevin Costner and Kevin Kline as my devoted companions, while my DH is locked in our cabin to get me to go to karaoke. :eek:

- Miriam

I was on the same cruise as nelblu. These entertainers were fantastic. That is not the issue. The problem was on the nights with no show (5 of the 11) or even on show nights. If you didn't want to go to bed after the show or dinner there were very few interesting choices. Normally on RC: ships there are one or two dance bands that play an interesting selection of music. On this cruise you could choose between rock or salsa. For me that gets old after about two nights.

I feel the same way you do about karaoke. That being said we actually sat through several sessions because there were no other choices and we actually danced during some of the songs because the music was much better than the bands.

Yes would sail that class again. Just not out of NJ in the winter. You lose too many days to cool weather.

We loved the Dynamic dining, Ifly, the band Horizon, bumper cars, the décor on the ship and 270. Really, we loved everything!

For us in NJ we got 11 nites for the price of a 7 nite Carib. cruise. Still got 7 warm Carib. days/nites and a beautiful new ship. The only downside was the day of the cruise it was snowing and icy conditions and it took us 1.20 hours for the last mile to the terminal. We could have flown to FL with the overall time it took us. But once on board, it was heaven and rushed to 2X70 for the roast beef sandwiches.

For us in NJ we got 11 nites for the price of a 7 nite Carib. cruise. Still got 7 warm Carib. days/nites and a beautiful new ship. The only downside was the day of the cruise it was snowing and icy conditions and it took us 1.20 hours for the last mile to the terminal. We could have flown to FL with the overall time it took us. But once on board, it was heaven and rushed to 2X70 for the roast beef sandwiches.

I had forgotten about those roast beef sandwiches. You are right they were very good and 270 was an amazing venue even just to sit and read.

No, a very crowded ship; lines everywhere, especially the Windjammer at breakfast.

Did not find this at all on my 2/2 cruise. The only time that it was crowded was 1. The esplanade with those worthless sales and 2. The omelet/egg stations in the WJ. Lot's for paxs did not realize that there was another station towards the back of the ship--in essence there were 3 omelet stations and a separate eggs only station. Also, on some lunch days, the back station(s) had an ice cream parlor section with all of the trimmings.

I had forgotten about those roast beef sandwiches. You are right they were very good and 270 was an amazing venue even just to sit and read.

I love the roast beef sandwiches too but I think the horseradish could have used a bit more kick!