Maybe a silly question

Bobbi48128

The point-to-point passengers may purchase meals in the cafeteria or even purchase meals in the dining room but they are very expensive there - about $70pp for dinner.

But it all seems to work together quite well. It was great experience for us. m--

If they have to spend the night, and don't have a cabin, do you see them sleeping in the lounges? Are there many folks doing this? (Keep in mind I am doing the March trip) I don't see any indoor assigned seating on the deck plan. I only ask because I've been on ferries in the Greek islands. I'm trying to get a feel for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they have to spend the night, and don't have a cabin, do you see them sleeping in the lounges? Are there many folks doing this? (Keep in mind I am doing the March trip) I don't see any indoor assigned seating on the deck plan. I only ask because I've been on ferries in the Greek islands. I'm trying to get a feel for this.

Yes they will sleep in the lounges. But I think Hurtigruten is now trying to avoid this more and more and urge people spending the night to take a cabin, which is a pity because seeing how local people use this line is part of the experience for me. It is not a problem at all, Norwegian are polite people and will try not to infrige on anyone's privacy or pleasure.

In March you shouldn't have a lot of people doing that anyway.

Observing how 'the Hurtigruten' works, with locals getting on and off, and with goods from lorry tyres to potatoes being loaded and unloaded, is part of the interest and part of what makes the cruise so special. We have never 'noticed' any overnight-travellers-without-a-cabin although they have been on board.

Norwegians are *very*civilised!

Last year we were on the Finnmarken from Kirkenes to Bergen in late. A group of five and six year old children from a kindergarten along with some parents and their teachers for a four hour cruise. This was their end of term field trip. They took over the lounge and it was delightful. We enjoyed watching them interact. Several children took out their blankets and went outside in a covered area to nap. One of the parents said the children take their naps outside throughout the year, even in freezing weather. They had a picnic lunch in the lounge as it was cool and rainy outside. A bus met them at their stop for a one hour ride home.

Last year we were on the Finnmarken from Kirkenes to Bergen in late. A group of five and six year old children from a kindergarten along with some parents and their teachers for a four hour cruise. This was their end of term field trip. They took over the lounge and it was delightful. We enjoyed watching them interact. Several children took out their blankets and went outside in a covered area to nap. One of the parents said the children take their naps outside throughout the year, even in freezing weather. They had a picnic lunch in the lounge as it was cool and rainy outside. A bus met them at their stop for a one hour ride home.

That sounds delightful!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk