Paying the balance of a Royal Caribbean cruise

Just thought I would give you a heads up in case some are unaware.

You can "beat your bank" by paying the balance of your cruise direct by cash transfer to Royal Caribbeans "Australian" bank account. Then email RCL to advise the transaction....all done, just like that.:) That way you won't be charged for the expensive bank currency exchange fees on your credit card.

One caution though, some get Travel Insurance through their credit card so check as to whether you have to pay the full amount of your cruise on your credit card to get the free Travel Insurance.

Some banks only require a portion to be paid by credit card to qualify for the Travel Insurance.

:)

Just thought I would give you a heads up in case some are unaware.

You can "beat your bank" by paying the balance of your cruise direct by cash transfer to Royal Caribbeans "Australian" bank account. Then email RCL to advise the transaction....all done, just like that.:) That way you won't be charged for the expensive bank currency exchange fees on your credit card.

One caution though, some get Travel Insurance through their credit card so check as to whether you have to pay the full amount of your cruise on your credit card to get the free Travel Insurance.

Some banks only require a portion to be paid by credit card to qualify for the Travel Insurance.

:)

We've had a past poster here that did just that and it took ages to be confirmed.

I prefer to do everything via my CC as then the CC company makes good if there's any problems!

Also the confirmation is instant! I'm not too worried about the exchange fees as they are fairly minimal compared to my peace of mind - just my humble opinion!

Gae

We've had a past poster here that did just that and it took ages to be confirmed.

I prefer to do everything via my CC as then the CC company makes good if there's any problems!

Also the confirmation is instant! I'm not too worried about the exchange fees as they are fairly minimal compared to my peace of mind - just my humble opinion!

Gae

I agree Gae. I like to use a CC and know it's gone through.

I pay it off each month so no interest, Amex doesn't charge any extra fees, and I get Qantas points to fly to my next cruise.

Raina