RSVP Feb 2016 on Nieuw Amsterdam

Boytjie

How is this possible? Feb 14th is the day the cruise ends in Ft. Lauderdale at 7am.

:)

We are considering jumping back on to RSVP for this cruise and will be officially deciding this weekend.

Typo! Feb 13 not 14.

Better be quick - it is selling fast.

Typo! Feb 13 not 14.

Better be quick - it is selling fast.

Kinda hard to be quick when you are on hold for an hour and then you get through to a recording to leave your name and number for call back. Will see if we are called back to book or not.

Kinda hard to be quick when you are on hold for an hour and then you get through to a recording to leave your name and number for call back. Will see if we are called back to book or not.

What number were you calling? I might be able to provide an optional contact.

Paul

What number were you calling? I might be able to provide an optional contact.

Paul

Thanks Paul, but no need. Just as a fluke we tried calling again after waiting another 45 minutes for a call back and got right to an agent. We were told it was not that the phones were busy, but that it was just that their phones were messed up.

We got booked....our 25th choice for what it's worth. :)

Thanks Paul, but no need. Just as a fluke we tried calling again after waiting another 45 minutes for a call back and got right to an agent. We were told it was not that the phones were busy, but that it was just that their phones were messed up.

We got booked....our 25th choice for what it's worth. :)

I signed up on board and had to take my 4th choice. The suites must sell out the second the cruise is offered up! Maybe one day I can luck out and get a suite on a RSVP HAL cruise.

I signed up on board and had to take my 4th choice. The suites must sell out the second the cruise is offered up! Maybe one day I can luck out and get a suite on a RSVP HAL cruise.

The last one we went on in 2011, they had a form you could fill out to book your exact same room for the next years cruise. We had a suite (SS) on that one but have seen them all completely booked up on most cruises since before we were even allowed to book.

We considered trying to waitlist for this one, but ended up not even asking.

At least we are going! :-)

High end and low end cabins are always the first to sell on any cruise. Gay charter or mainstream.

High end and low end cabins are always the first to sell on any cruise. Gay charter or mainstream.

True. We've stayed in our fair share of suites, but the best was the penthouse on Eurodam for our 25th. Totally worth it at least once in life! Much more price friendly when NOT a charter.

The last one we went on in 2011, they had a form you could fill out to book your exact same room for the next years cruise. We had a suite (SS) on that one but have seen them all completely booked up on most cruises since before we were even allowed to book.

We considered trying to waitlist for this one, but ended up not even asking.

At least we are going! :-)

They have changed the process for booking onboard the last two years.

A suite would be nice, some day. :) We have usually gone for a balcony and have even done obstructed views twice (Alaska and Hawaii). We hardly have time to enjoy our balconies so this time we are going to try an inside - first time ever. Will see how that goes. We got one of the big insides and have connecting doors with friends. Will see how it goes. :)

True. We've stayed in our fair share of suites, but the best was the penthouse on Eurodam for our 25th. Totally worth it at least once in life! Much more price friendly when NOT a charter.

Well, the penthouse is nice! Have only seen it when invited to cocktail parties thrown by very good friends. :D

Well, the penthouse is nice! Have only seen it when invited to cocktail parties thrown by very good friends. :D

We had never even seen it until we stayed in it. We did throw a cocktail party for a bunch of people we met on board and it was great to share with other people. We were also traveling with partner's good friend from high school and his wife (we travel together a lot, especially to Bonaire for diving). So we decided to splurge since we could all benefit from the large space. It was an amazing 10 day trip from Rome to Copenhagen and I would do it again if it falls within budget! :)

The only issue I had was that when you have so much more space, the potential for creaks and sounds is much higher. We spent a couple of nights with creaking and popping a lot with less than smooth seas. Then there was the day we left Lisbon and the entire side of the ship was being pushed by hurricane force winds for several hours. We were at about a 30 degree tilt for our wine tasting which made us feel extra drunk trying to walk around the ship afterwards. :p

We will be in a forward balcony cabin (VE) for this trip and are looking forward to it. Like you said, you don't spend that much time in the room anyway so it is better to save the cash for the liquor bill.

Count me in. I booked on the last day for prior RSVP guests, and I barely got a space in an interior. I'm doing the roommate share; fingers and toes crossed. I'll do anything once, I guess. :rolleyes:

I was going to do a 10-night Mexican Riviera cruise on Princess round trip from San Francisco the exact same week, but going solo would have cost me $550 more than this RSVP cruise. And it will have been four years since my last RSVP cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam. So, I guess it's time. And who ever goes to St. Barths?

It's going to be awesome. :p

Count me in. I booked on the last day for prior RSVP guests, and I barely got a space in an interior. I'm doing the roommate share; fingers and toes crossed. I'll do anything once, I guess. :rolleyes:

I did the roommate share twice in my single days. Had a great time. Maybe I was lucky, great roommates both times. Keep your fingers crossed, I've also heard some real horror stories about the roommate share.

Edited by Typhoon1

I did the roommate share twice in my single days. Had a great time. Maybe I was lucky, great roommates both times. Keep your fingers crossed, I've also heard some real horror stories about the roommate share.

Thanks for the reassurance. I asked if RSVP makes an attempt to "match" passengers, and the rep said that they try and place roommates who are within 5 years of each other in age. And he mentioned smoking preference, but then qualified that doesn't apply to interiors, only balconies. The rep also emphasized that RSVP works really hard to resolve issues if they arise on board. I'm not really worried about it, but it's nice to know there are options.

• 1 month later...

I must be a little crazy because I just booked the non-charter Nieuw Amsterdam sailing prior to our cruise. So, I will have my base tan and all the bar servers will already know my name. :p

The itinerary features different islands and I'm bringing a gay friend on his first cruise. (He didn't want to get his feet wet with RSVP for whatever reason.) Plus, the cruise isn't costing much more than what I would pay for three nights at a gay resort in Fort Lauderdale. So my first-ever back-to-back. It's going to be awesome!

Paleeze be gentle with the crew......

I am sailing the Nieuw Amsterdam in late March and don't want to find the crew still recovering. Wonder if wearing my RSVP lanyard on my sailing will be a good thing or bad thing?????

Perhaps the RSVP sailing in 2017 will be a good match for me. If its the Koningsdam......and I enjoy her in Europe Aug of 2016 I will definitely choose RSVP......too bad the 2016 sailing isn't doable for me. Say hello the Richard for me.

One last thing......please, please, please get Helen Holy ravished by someone at least once on the cruise.....heaven knows how dusty and rusty her gear box is...just the opposite of her Miss Ellie::DD:D

Bertha

Perhaps the RSVP sailing in 2017 will be a good match for me. If its the Koningsdam......and I enjoy her in Europe Aug of 2016 I will definitely choose RSVP......too bad the 2016 sailing isn't doable for me.

All things being subject to change, of course, HAL just released sailings on Koningsdam for the 2016/17 Caribbean season and every week has a sail date. So, I would assume for now that RSVP will not have Koningsdam.

All things being subject to change, of course, HAL just released sailings on Koningsdam for the 2016/17 Caribbean season and every week has a sail date. So, I would assume for now that RSVP will not have Koningsdam.

As soon as RSVP signs on the dotted line, the scheduled sailing will disappear from the HAL schedule. Of course, that won't occur until early next year.

As soon as RSVP signs on the dotted line, the scheduled sailing will disappear from the HAL schedule. Of course, that won't occur until early next year.

Good to know! Before I can think about Koningsdam I have to plan my fortnight on NA. I just bought my airline tickets today, so no itinerary changes now.

• 4 weeks later...
I must be a little crazy because I just booked the non-charter Nieuw Amsterdam sailing prior to our cruise. So, I will have my base tan and all the bar servers will already know my name. :p

The itinerary features different islands and I'm bringing a gay friend on his first cruise. (He didn't want to get his feet wet with RSVP for whatever reason.) Plus, the cruise isn't costing much more than what I would pay for three nights at a gay resort in Fort Lauderdale. So my first-ever back-to-back. It's going to be awesome!

Very Nice...and not crazy at all!

The last few years we have also done a B2B with the RSVP Cruise, sometimes the week prior, but mostly the week after for a "recovery cruise!"

• 2 weeks later...
And I thought I was doing something unique. :cool: Are you doing a B2B this time?

Some have even done an Atlantis/RSVP B2b (different ships) - that is insane! I can see doing another cruise afterwards to recover, but after all the fun on RSVP it may be a let down.

Randle Roper posted this on RSVPcruisers:

Hello, Gentlemen and Ladies. I wanted to give everyone a heads up that we are quickly closing in on a sell out of this cruise. Based on our rate of sale, we anticipate being completely sold out within the next 3-4 weeks (perhaps even sooner). So if you have any friends sitting on the fence, you might want to push them over sooner as opposed to later. Availability is dwindling quickly. We'll see you all in 180 short days!

Now only 178 days away...