RSVP Feb 2016 on Nieuw Amsterdam

Boytjie

I'm just going to pack a leather jockstrap and a mask. That should cover "champions," Mardi Gras, underwear, leather, definitely the 70s, and maybe the 80s, too.

How far can I get with a purple sarong and a harness? :)

I'm just going to pack a leather jockstrap and a mask. That should cover "champions," Mardi Gras, underwear, leather, definitely the 70s, and maybe the 80s, too.

Dear heart, this is a gay cruise; wearing the same getup to TWO events will subject you to derision, let alone five or six! Save the déclassé economizing for a Carnival cruise. (Come to think of it, a leather jockstrap and mask might be just what a Carnival cruise needs!)

At the very least, turn the leather jockstrap inside-out between events. Also consider swapping where on your body the mask and jockstrap are worn ... perhaps several times during the same party. Bypass derision and go full-bore for notoriety!

Dear heart, this is a gay cruise; wearing the same getup to TWO events will subject you to derision, let alone five or six! Save the déclassé economizing for a Carnival cruise. (Come to think of it, a leather jockstrap and mask might be just what a Carnival cruise needs!)

At the very least, turn the leather jockstrap inside-out between events. Also consider swapping where on your body the mask and jockstrap are worn ... perhaps several times during the same party. Bypass derision and go full-bore for notoriety!

Ok, this is GENIUS :)

I'm boarding the elegant Nieuw Amsterdam on Sunday! I'll keep a light on for you.

Where will you be at sail-away? We could wave at you (via webcam).

The Nieuw Amsterdam is scheduled to set sail on Sunday at 16:00/4:00 PM EDT (subject to change as always).

The webcams are at:

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Edited by Boytjie

For those that want to join me, I will have my Cruise Critic Sail-Away Addicts banner on deck 10, midships, below the 'Nieuw Amsterdam' sign. Gather there where we leave the dock, after the muster drill. I picked this area as it should be less crowded than on deck 9 where everyone hangs out for the sail-away party. As soon as we are out of the port we can go join the others again.

2dbld6s.jpg

saw96a.jpg

Edited by Boytjie

The boarding passes are printed, the case is 80% packed, the ride to the airport is set. Just one last detail: going to Staples to print out this year's door treatment. After last year's toast-themed triumph ("Delightfully insouciant!" crowed The New Yorker), this year we're deploying a Spartan theme.

Anyone else festooning? I've come to expect everything from tasteful Downton themes to a "Take a Number" roller next to a box of condoms and poppers.

The boarding passes are printed, the case is 80% packed, the ride to the airport is set. Just one last detail: going to Staples to print out this year's door treatment. After last year's toast-themed triumph ("Delightfully insouciant!" crowed The New Yorker), this year we're deploying a Spartan theme.

Anyone else festooning? I've come to expect everything from tasteful Downton themes to a "Take a Number" roller next to a box of condoms and poppers.

We always do door decorations.

Leaving (LA, late tonight) on a jet plane. Plan to spend a dreary Friday and Saturday in FLL (cancelled the convertible rental) shopping for cruise miscellany including, but not limited to, wine, apparel, and decorations.

Looking forward to meeting some of you at the host party Sat night, if not sooner.

For those that want to join me, I will have my Cruise Critic Sail-Away Addicts banner on deck 10, midships, below the 'Nieuw Amsterdam' sign. Gather there where we leave the dock, after the muster drill. I picked this area as it should be less crowded than on deck 9 where everyone hangs out for the sail-away party. As soon as we are out of the port we can go join the others again.

2dbld6s.jpg

saw96a.jpg

And this is me and my banner:

t561rk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
It was another great RSVP cruise.

I looked for you Peter, but I never found you.

Next year, the Nieuw Amsterdam.

I am sorry! You should have joined us at the sail-away. :)

There is a video (without sound, unfortunately) of us departing from Port Everglades; just select the ship and date to watch the video:

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/replay.php

Yes, that was us with the "Hi, Cruise Critic Sail-Away Addicts" banner.

• 2 weeks later...