Your dream itinerary

Most people that use this forum have been to a lot of places over the years.

What is still on your bucket list of places to see? Where would you still like to cruise to?

My list would be far too long. :).

But right at the top is a cruise around Australia with a week before in Sydney. Then New Zealand.

The Far East including Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand and Singapore.

The Baltic. (This summer)

Norwegian Fiords

Well that will keep us going for a while. :)

Most people that use this forum have been to a lot of places over the years.

What is still on your bucket list of places to see? Where would you still like to cruise to?

Oh that's given me food for thought!

There are some Med ports we've either missed or not been to on the itineraries we've done which I fancy - Sete (for Carcassonne), Messina (for Taormina), Alayna, Mahon, whichever port gives access to Seville plus any number of new ports down the Eastern Adriatic ports we haven't done in Croatia etc.

But further afield I'd like to do the Rockies land tour and Alaska cruise (although I wonder if the cruise bit can usurp the spiritual lift I get from Norway)

Sydney appeals also a taste of something in the Far East (Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia etc - not all of them but just a sample of the Orient to absorb the atmosphere and get a flavour of the culture) but the length of the flights puts me off a bit. Hawaii sounds good too.

A world cruise would solve it I guess! If only........... :D

But in the meantime I'm only too grateful to have been to the places we've already visited and would happily go to most all of them again! ;)

What about you?

A world cruise, Kruzseeka. When I was working, a world cruise always appealed to me for when I retired. But I have recently been reading some memoirs/blogs about world cruises and now I am not so sure. The preparation for one has really put me off and it is a long time to be away from home. So I would like to do a world cruise ......but in smaller chunks.

For me I'd love to do the westbound TATL on QM2. NYC is my favourite place so being able to combine it with a cruise would be immense.

Always fancied a Fire & Ice type cruise but I'd like it to include Svalbard and even Greenland.

UK-Gibraltar-Ascension-St Helena-Tristan da Cunha-Falklands. I know you can do parts of this on RMS St Helena but I'd rather do it from the comfort of a large cruise ship. But never came accross such an intinerary with anyone else. With UPTO six sea days at a time I would need plenty to occupy my mind. But this is pure fantasy as I can't imagine there's muchnof a demand and not sure how these places welcome cruise ships. Not to mention the cost and time off work, but one can dream!

OK in no particular order :-

Machu Picchu

Australia

Far East, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia etc.

North Cape

India, Taj mahal, Red Fort etc.

China, Wall, Warriors, Forbidden city etc.

Svalbard, Greenland.

Honestly I think I'd like to go most places I haven't been, but these are all on my list.

A world cruise, Kruzseeka. When I was working, a world cruise always appealed to me for when I retired. But I have recently been reading some memoirs/blogs about world cruises and now I am not so sure. The preparation for one has really put me off and it is a long time to be away from home. So I would like to do a world cruise ......but in smaller chunks.

Yes I had thought of that too Jakanne - do it in sectors. There are quite a lot of sea days too - typically two for one port day but for some places like the Pacific Islands there's an awful lot of sea to cover! But if money were no object......... I'm sure I could adapt! (They'd have to offer some interesting enhancement activities and lectures though as I'd have square eyes reading all day!) :D

Oh that's given me food for thought!

There are some Med ports we've either missed or not been to on the itineraries we've done which I fancy - Sete (for Carcassonne), Messina (for Taormina), Alayna, Mahon, whichever port gives access to Seville plus any number of new ports down the Eastern Adriatic ports we haven't done in Croatia etc.

But further afield I'd like to do the Rockies land tour and Alaska cruise (although I wonder if the cruise bit can usurp the spiritual lift I get from Norway)

Sydney appeals also a taste of something in the Far East (Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia etc - not all of them but just a sample of the Orient to absorb the atmosphere and get a flavour of the culture) but the length of the flights puts me off a bit. Hawaii sounds good too.

A world cruise would solve it I guess! If only........... :D

But in the meantime I'm only too grateful to have been to the places we've already visited and would happily go to most all of them again! ;)

What about you?

Well, we seem to have a lot in common, Kruzseeka.

Messina and Sete are also on my radar as well as other ports in the Adriatic and Aegean.

We already have plans for Alaska and the Rocky Mountaineer in 2 years but I

would also like to cruise the Eastern and Western seaboards of the USA and return to the Caribbean.

Something in the Far East, including Thailand, would be lovely.

The North Cape and Iceland too.

That seems to be enough to be getting on with!!

We crossed Canada by train from Toronto to Banff in 2012 and picked up the Rocky Mountaineer to do over 3 days, nights spent in hotels so we didn't miss anything, so if you can do it, have a go. That was our holiday of a lifetime - - - then we discovered cruising in January 2013.