Turners beach how is it?

Dr.Mabuse

its "nice" for Antigua, but remember there are more beaches here than you can visit in a month let alone during your 8 hour stay. Most people describe "nice" on this site as having facilities, so yes Turners is nice. I have given my list of top beaches somewhere on this site before. my favourite nice beaches have no sign of human development where busy days are 10 people on the beach.

Is it a nice beach? Is it worth the half hour drive? Any comment on the beach would be great!:cool:

Turner is nice for the first timers. But I like Long Beach so far. Like they say there are so many beaches.:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

It's Jolly Turner safe for non-swimmers? Are accomodations, such umbrellas, chairs, restrooms accessible? Planning to do two tours the same day, 3 hour "Best of Antigua" which includes Nelson Dockyards, etc. (at 8:30 am) follow by a beach break in the afternoon. Serenade of the Sea arrives 7:00 am leaving at 5:30 pm.

The only option we have is the "Antigua 1/2 day beach break which is 4 hours at Johnson's Point, Turner Beach starting at 9:00 am and 12:00 pm selecting the later (versus Castaways Beach break - which is 5 hours, in the Jolly Harbour area, being offered only at 09:30 am). We also have 1/2 hour break between the two tours, which we plan to book via the cruise line, RC. Has this been done before with no PROBLEMS? (1/2 hour break between tours is it :confused: enough time?) Or should we just use the taxi's to take us to Castaway Beach after the morning tour? How much is the ride (2 adults), and is it SAFE!!?

Thank you. MZB

Archived