Soap in self service laundry

hmorrow

• 3 weeks later...
1) Is the laundry soap hypoallergenic?

2) Hubby is extra sensitive to detergents, do the machines have an extra rinse cycle?

3) How many machines are typically in the laundry room?

1) cannot say but if he has a problem, contact ship's services as have seen a lady bring her own soap with HAL's permission due to allergies

2) if you bring your own soap, should not be an issue but have not seen a specific rinse cycle but it has been a while.

3) Some ships have 3-4 some a few more. There are typically more than 1 laundry room on each ship so check each one.

Have found that there are fewer people doing laundry over the dinner times (had table mates who would leave after early seating and go to do their laundry) or early in the morning. We have met some wonderful people waiting for our laundry! Don't forget your dryer sheets - and enjoy your cruise.

We have carried our own laundry soap for years and they approve of it because it's environmentally, save, unscented and non foaming which they really don't want in their recycling system. Laundry sheets are bad for the environment, filling the landfills so we don't use them.

Edited by WupperAV

On Maasdam the laundry soap dispenser is on the wall and there is cup there; dispense one dose into the cup and add it to the washer. It is not automatically added to the washing machine. The washers I've seen are not adjustable by the user, such as to do an extra rinse cycle, or at least I didn't see any way to do it. And yes, I've had some good friendships start out as laundry-mates! m--

We have carried our own laundry soap for years and they approve of it because it's environmentally, save, unscented and non foaming which they really don't want in their recycling system. Laundry sheets are bad for the environment, filling the landfills so we don't use them.

I have a feeling taking a cruise has a much larger impact on the environment than one or two laundry sheets ;)