Four people for an inside cabin

chrislesch

Going to have my first cruise with NCL and we will be on the Getaway. My question in on the interior cabins. We have been on Carnival with four people in a room and did not have issues (Conquest and Fantasy class). The cabins on the Getaway seem smaller and only seem to have one closet. Has anyone cruised on the Getaway with four people in with a interior cabin?

If the Getaway and the Breakaway cabins are similar (which I assume they are), then it may be tight. The cabins on the BA are smaller in general. My husband, son and I were a little compact in a balcony room.

I would try and get a family inside or ocean view in your case if they have them, or something similar. My cousins had that room, and it was huge- bigger than our balcony room. I could totally see four adult sized people in that room with no issues.

Hope this will help as we to where in your situation.

My husband and i were in an inside stateroom in October. We never sailed Carnival but have seen inside room on Disney and on RCCL. On the Getaway i honestly rushed to guest service right after opening the door as the size of the room seem ridiculously small. I really felt like i was going to be claustrophobe ! The ship was full, we had to stay on our mini room.

It took about 2 days and believe it or not i then LOVE our room ! Easy to pick up after ourself, everything was within reach , and we found ways to put pur stuff away even if the closet was in deed very small and to my knowledge i thing there was only 1 or 2 drawer if any, and 3 small shelf between the bed and bathroom. There is an ottoman that opens up and we used it also to store things. I would do it again just for 2 people.

We have a booking for feb 28th ( coming soon ) in an inside for the 4 of us. Prices were triple what i had paid for an ocean or balcony so months kept passing and i had to prepare the kids that we would each have a carry on, and put it under our bed during that week and that the room would be only for sleeping purposes . For the price we had paid ( $1500 for 4 ) , we would rather do specialty dinning, drink package, and spoil ourself a little during the week then spend $3000 more to get more space.

Last week , as i was watching the price almost everyday, prices did went down and i was able to upgrade to a balcony for $460. It was a GTY, and yes we were put right above the theaters, not the perfect location but we will have more room.

My parent were upgrade for free ( since price went down ) to an inside that sleep 4 ( the 2 beds lowering from the ceiling ) . I will ask the attendant to lower them one day and take a picture as i would have like to find one over these last few months but never did. I will post it after here and on the other site that shows all the people pics from ships deck plans.

would i do 4 in an inside again ? YES, if prices were a lot different. I book for next year school break on the Escape and right away took a balcony that was $500 more then an inside. It prices would have been double what an inside would have been, i would have took an inside again.

Stateroom are new, rich modern feeling compare to older ship so it does make a difference in the appearance .

Hope this help, if you want to pm me your email, i could email send you directly the pic on the inside that sleep 4 on feb 28th after boarding .

Either way, you will enjoy your cruise, the ship is perfect for kids. SO much things to do.

Josee.

We did an inside with the 2 beds that lower (like bunks) & we loved it! My girls were younger though, so worked for us.

If it were 4 adults or 2 adults & teens or older then I would do a bigger room.

But 2 adults & 2 kids, you are fine in an inside room!

First, pic from our Breakaway Inside (deck 13) last year - just 2 of us, assigned cabin with 3 beds (upper pullman that drop down from wall) - cozy, as these are the smallest cabins and Getaway should be the same. We've sailed on the Carnival Splendor, and even the regular oceanview are much bigger, same size as the balcony at 180 sq.ft. (just not NCL's newest ships)

IMG_20140329_142703.jpg

This with the bed dropped down - the Insides for 4 will have beds coming down on both sides. Probably the best setup is like 2 sets of upper & lower single bed - lower beddings together as a full size or Queen will be worst, with virtually no room to stand or do anything. Also, keep in mind there is only one "stool" with storage as a chair for 1 of you to sit on, in front of the small dresser at any given time. There are no drawers, just open shelves - use packing cubes to store things up on those shelves. Plenty of storage under the bed (about 13"+ high so those 25" suitcases will fit easily. Bathroom is bigger than the older Jewel/Dawn class ships with good storage, so no problems with it.

IMG_20140329_143253.jpg

Currently there's a promotion for 3rd & 4th (up to 8 depending on category) pax to sail free or 50%, just taxes & fees with DSC - you might find the bigger "family" cabins affordable, split the costs among 4 of you - along with the other promo (UBP/UDP or OBC) until end of Feb. to lock in the savings, depending on your sailing dates. Prices do go up & down due to demands & bookings, so keep checking the total out-of-pocket costs, spending a notch more could be a wiser choice for 7+ nights on the ship especially if all 4 are adult sized.

It will feel like riding those Amtrak overnight trains with the converted sleeping compartments with 4 of you together, OK it's bigger - but if you use it mainly to sleep, shower, change & get ready - and, there's plenty of public space to sit, relax & socialize and things to do all day long and into the night - it's not so bad. As another CC member said, you are on a cruise and it's always a great day. Good luck !!

Edited by mking8288

We are a family of 2 adults and average size 13yo boy. I thought the Getaway inside was really tight, 135 square Ft and no chair or sofa so everyone sits on the bed or maybe the stool. For a weekend like the Sky itinerary no problem, but I don't get a lot of vacation time and I didn't want to spend a week being squeezed.

My inside on the Sky might have worked as there was a chair and a half so there was somewhere for my mother to sit and relax, easier for her to dress, etc. But the Getaway didn't offer that kind of space/features.

I upgraded to a balcony because the layout and size of everything in between didn't give much more space. This way all beds are lower and we even have another room as someone can always just step outside.

For us for a short trip probably could live with the inside for 3, but for a week or more not likely.

If you've done 4 people in one room before without much problem, I think you would know if you can do it again.

I've done it only 1 time when my kids were too young to share their own room next door. It was not pleasant. Four people means 4 times the stuff. It's not about showering in shifts. That's stating the obvious. It's mo0re about the clutter, mess and disorganization that comes from 4 people with not enough space to put things.