Question/Answers Opinions, please - Epic to BCN

NJ Fred

Hello All,

Our 1/16 voyage on Epic shows the vessel arrives in Barcelona for debarkation at 5am. We understand the customs and other formalities that usualy means we won't physically be off for at least ine hour after that time.

Albeit from Epic or any other vessel docking at Barcelona, I am looking for fellow cruisers who can supply a time estimate. The latest viable flight back home is scheduled to take off from Barcelona Airport (BCN) at 9:30; meaning we would need to be at the airport at 7:45am at the very latest.

I have no difficulty springing for a hotel on debarkation day. While it is frustrating there are no later flights we can use, it is what it is. The question I ask is if anyone has been in this situation and, if so, how did you handle it?

Can I get off the vessel, clear customs/immigration and make it to the airport within that time frame.

Also, should I book a limo or is there a plentiful supply of cabs at the Barcelona Cruise Terminal. The date the ship arrives is Sunday, January 24.

Thank you, in advance, for any guidance.

Fred in frozen Southern NJ

Edited by NJ Fred

Fortunately, there is no clearing customs/immigration. Everyplace the ship goes is within the Schengen Area, so it's just a matter of walking off the ship, picking up bags, and grabbing a taxi, of which there are plenty at the terminal.

The only thing I'm not sure about is how quickly Epic disembarks in Barcelona. When I was in Barcelona last summer on Liberty of the Seas, it was a remarkably quick matter, especially since I did carry-off and didn't have to worry about finding bags in the terminal. There was no standing in line to leave the ship or anything; I just took my bags, walked off the ship, took a few pics of Liberty and Epic (for whom I have a certain fondness, having sailed on her twice), and grabbed a taxi to the airport.

we have done two cruises round trip out of Barcelona, one on Royal Caribbean and one on NCL. Both times we arrived in Barcelona in plenty of time to make an early flight. There are lots of cabs at the port and the airport is not far. Can you hand carry your luggage off?

We usually choose an American Airlines flight to Miami, then changing to STL, that leaves BCN at around noon. Any chance that flight would work for you? It has been very comfortable for us to get off the boat in a leisurely manner and still make the airport in plenty of time.

• 3 months later...

Even when I've taken the first scheduled coach transfer I've been at the airport by 07:30.

If it's a Sunday AM there is no traffic.. But now she's doing longer cruises year round there are some midweek arrivals so will take a bit more time to the airport. Taxi in March was €39 and took about 15mins

Hello All,

Our 1/16 voyage on Epic shows the vessel arrives in Barcelona for debarkation at 5am. We understand the customs and other formalities that usualy means we won't physically be off for at least ine hour after that time.

Albeit from Epic or any other vessel docking at Barcelona, I am looking for fellow cruisers who can supply a time estimate. The latest viable flight back home is scheduled to take off from Barcelona Airport (BCN) at 9:30; meaning we would need to be at the airport at 7:45am at the very latest.

I have no difficulty springing for a hotel on debarkation day. While it is frustrating there are no later flights we can use, it is what it is. The question I ask is if anyone has been in this situation and, if so, how did you handle it?

Can I get off the vessel, clear customs/immigration and make it to the airport within that time frame.

Also, should I book a limo or is there a plentiful supply of cabs at the Barcelona Cruise Terminal. The date the ship arrives is Sunday, January 24.

Thank you, in advance, for any guidance.

Fred in frozen Southern NJ

You do not go thru customs.

You go thru customs when you arrive home

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships