Rainforest

Karencruiser43

I am interested in this also.

We will be doing a week post cruise in Isle Verde staying at the InterContinental and thought this may be a good day trip for our family including 2 children 12 and 8.

I was just at the Intercontinental 2 weeks ago following our honeymoon voyage aboard Adventure of the Seas. Trust me on this.....Once you arrive at the Intercontinental and settle in, walk toward the main strip and turn right. Go about 1/4 mile down on the left, there is a rental car place. We rented a midsize car (Taurus) for about $50. We then followed easy directions to El Yunque (the rainforest). It was so simple and worth renting the car. A cab driver told us that it was about $200 for the day to go to El Yunque. You get the car for 24 hours and you can go at your own pace. Plus, there are other places to visit along the east coast of Puerto Rico.

I'm only 28 and was a bit hesitant about renting a car in a place I'd never been. It was so safe and worth every penny! Have a blast! While in the forest, take the La Mina Falls trail to the amazing waterfall. We took such great pictures there.

Is it worth it to wear your bathing suits to the falls? Can you swim in little “pools” at the bottom of the falls?

Also, how did you enjoy your stay at the InterContinental?

The beach and the pool look very relaxing after a week of a very port-intensive cruise.

Alb38-Thank you very much. I think this may be a nice day trip for our family to do while we are in PR for the week post cruise.

We will be there mid April so maybe the water will still be cool but think this should be a nice day.

I assume the InterContinental can give us directions on how to get to the rainforest and hope it won’t be too difficult of a drive.

Can anyone recommend a few great places to eat with our 12 and 8 year old children while in Isla Verde (staying at the InterContinental).

Maybe some places overlooking the water, margaritas, music. Thank you very much!

Archived