Beverages and Beverage Packages FAQ

ailetoile

You can get any of the drinks of the same cost to what is included.

Tea Forte is generally not served in the main dining room, but is in Murano or the M-class equivalent.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for getting to this answer :)

You can get any of the drinks of the same cost to what is included.

Tea Forte is generally not served in the main dining room, but is in Murano or the M-class equivalent.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Brilliant - thanks very much for that information. :)

I have updated the PDF to include the following changes:

• I updated the wording on the Classic Non-Alcohol Package inclusions to read as follows:

"Unlimited espresso-based coffees (such as cappuccinos and lattes), hot chocolate, and Tea Forte from Café al Bacio, juice and smoothies from the Aqua Spa Café (possibly dependent on the discretion of the server), soda in cans and from the fountain, fresh-frozen or bottled juices, basic bottled water (no sparkling options), most virgin drinks (frozen), and Arizona Iced Tea."

• I updated the wording on the Premium Non-Alcohol Package inclusions to read as follows:

"Unlimited Café al Bacio menu items, juices and smoothies from the Aqua Spa Café, soda in cans and from the fountain, fresh-frozen or bottled juices, any bottled water (includes sparkling), most virgin drinks (frozen), Vitamin Water, Red Bull, and Arizona Iced Tea."

• I added the following questions:

(Using Beverage Packages) Are buckets of beer covered by any beverage packages?
    No. Buckets of beer are not covered by any beverage packages and you cannot use the pricing offset from the Premium Package to reduce the price of the buckets.

(Using Beverage Packages) Are the cards for the enomatic wine machines covered by any beverage packages?
    No. The cards for the enomatic wine machines (when they are functional at all) are not covered by any beverage packages and you cannot use the pricing offset from the Premium Package to reduce the price. The 15% (Classic Package) or 20% (Premium Package) discount on bottles of wine is also not applicable to these cards since you are not purchasing a bottle of wine.

(A La Carte Drinking) Where can I purchase Tea Forte on board?
    You can purchase Tea Forte from the following locations on board:
    • Café Al Bacio and the secondary location in Oceanview Café if it exists
    • Murano (if applicable)
    • Some room service menus (extra fee applies, regardless of beverage package)

You generally cannot get Tea Forte in the dining room.

As always, thanks very much to those who have contributed both questions and answers. Keep 'em coming and I'll keep updating :)

Bev Package FAQ.pdf

Edited by ailetoile

Can I bring non-alcoholic beverages aboard with me?

Yes. You may bring unlimited non-alcoholic beverages aboard with you. This includes cases of water, soft drinks, juices, non-alcoholic mixers, etc.

Can I bring alcoholic beverages aboard with me?

Yes, but it is restricted. You may bring up to two standard-sized (750 ml) bottles of wine per stateroom on board at embarkation. Other alcoholic beverages (beer or spirits) that is brought on board at embarkation will be confiscated and will not be returned.

Thank you for the information.

It's our first time with Celebrity, and first time bringing any beverages on board. Do you think they consider port wine a spirit due to its high ABV%? Ours is 20% and don't want to risk the bottle. How do you bring the allowed two bottles on board? In our luggage?

Also, we are planning to bring a small case of seltzer water, possibly with one bottle of syrup, do we put this in our luggage? Do we leave it loose? Do we carry it on board and then have to lug it around until our state room is ready? Does the bottle of syrup need to be unopened?

We will be leaving and returning to Miami, FL. If we do not finish the case or the bottles of wine can we bring them back into the states? Is it only allowed if they are unopen?

It's our first time with Celebrity, and first time bringing any beverages on board. Do you think they consider port wine a spirit due to its high ABV%? Ours is 20% and don't want to risk the bottle. How do you bring the allowed two bottles on board? In our luggage?

Also, we are planning to bring a small case of seltzer water, possibly with one bottle of syrup, do we put this in our luggage? Do we leave it loose? Do we carry it on board and then have to lug it around until our state room is ready? Does the bottle of syrup need to be unopened?

We will be leaving and returning to Miami, FL. If we do not finish the case or the bottles of wine can we bring them back into the states? Is it only allowed if they are unopen?

I think you would have no problem bring port on as wine. You can put it in your luggage if you trust it, or carry it on. It's up to you.

Same with water, you can bring it on any way you choose. You can slap a bag tag on the case and send it to your stateroom, or carry it (pretty inconvenient).

Same with the syrup, it doesn't matter. There is no limit on non-alcoholic beverage and no prohibition against any liquids or sizes like on an airplane.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Port wine is still wine. You should be fine :) You can carry on your beverages, put your beverages in your luggage, or even just slap a luggage tag on the case of water. It'll all make it to your room.

They shouldn't care about your bottle of syrup but personally I'd put it in a ziploc if it's opened!

You can bring the water and syrup back into the US opened or closed. I believe you can bring in the alcohol as well, but it might count towards your exemption unless you have a receipt from purchasing it in the US. It might be good for someone with more experience here to chime in!

Port wine is still wine. You should be fine :) You can carry on your beverages, put your beverages in your luggage, or even just slap a luggage tag on the case of water. It'll all make it to your room.

They shouldn't care about your bottle of syrup but personally I'd put it in a ziploc if it's opened!

You can bring the water and syrup back into the US opened or closed. I believe you can bring in the alcohol as well, but it might count towards your exemption unless you have a receipt from purchasing it in the US. It might be good for someone with more experience here to chime in!

Seriously? Leave with alcohol and bring it back into the U.S.?

I think that is against the Vessel Alcohol Drinking Act. It is, or should be, totally illegal and wasteful to carry alcohol onto a cruise, not consume it, and bring it back off. If they don't arrest you for this, they should.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I think that is against the Vessel Alcohol Drinking Act. It is, or should be, totally illegal and wasteful to carry alcohol onto a cruise, not consume it, and bring it back off. If they don't arrest you for this, they should.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hah. My husband and I once brought four bottles of wine aboard just to see if we could. We didn't think about the fact that we had another bottle waiting for us in Concierge Class and that neither of us are big drinkers. It was basically an impulsive decision.

Come day six we tried everything we could think of to get rid of the four bottles that we had never touched. We ended up giving them to our cabin steward! Good thing we didn't try to bring them back or we would have faced consequences! :D

Edited by ailetoile

Happy sailing,

Jenna

OK, I'll bite. Why is this an arrestable offense? Why is it so terrible?

OK, I'll bite. Why is this an arrestable offense? Why is it so terrible?

I'm not sure. Congress in the U.S. Passes some crazy laws, maybe they just didn't want to see alcohol not consumed and instead become a burden by being carried one and off ships?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

(P.S. This was humor)

I'm not sure. Congress in the U.S. Passes some crazy laws, maybe they just didn't want to see alcohol not consumed and instead become a burden by being carried one and off ships?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

(P.S. This was humor)

I'm sorry. I thought you were serious!

I thought it would be a good time to say "don't make it federal offense":D

Thank for this very informative thread. We have our first Celebrity cruise coming up in May ( Bermuda) and also our first alcoholic drink package. The Classic Alchoholic drink package was included with our booking and we have been trying to decide if upgrading to Premium was worth it to us. We just couldn't quite figure out if the poolside type drinks (Bahama mamas, pina colada,etc) were included in the classic package. And with the information you have given, it looks like they are included, so I think we are good with the classic package.

Thanks again for your hard work!!!

Danette

Thank for this very informative thread. We have our first Celebrity cruise coming up in May ( Bermuda) and also our first alcoholic drink package. The Classic Alchoholic drink package was included with our booking and we have been trying to decide if upgrading to Premium was worth it to us. We just couldn't quite figure out if the poolside type drinks (Bahama mamas, pina colada,etc) were included in the classic package. And with the information you have given, it looks like they are included, so I think we are good with the classic package.

Thanks again for your hard work!!!

Danette

They really should be included unless something changes between now and then. I hope that you guys have a blast, and that you love Celebrity the way many of us do :)

Where is my beverage package valid?

You can use your beverage package in most of the ship's public venues, as well as on any private destinations such as Labadee.

You cannot use your beverage package for room service or for the mini bar in your stateroom. The beverage package does not apply to purchases made in the gift shop.

Is this also applies to AQ staterooms?

I apologize if these questions have already been asked and answered. Is there anywhere to find out what wines are offered by the glass for the two different drink packages? Celebrity website contains no specific information. Does it vary that much from ship to ship or cruise locale?

If I buy a package of wine by a number of bottles, (assume I get to choose from a selection but where is that information with prices?) and do not drink the whole bottle (husband doesn't drink wine) at one sitting, will Celebrity cork it, save it and make it available next night wherever I might be dining? Or can I bring bottle back to cabin and then with me to dinner the next night?

Thanks!

I apologize if these questions have already been asked and answered. Is there anywhere to find out what wines are offered by the glass for the two different drink packages? Celebrity website contains no specific information. Does it vary that much from ship to ship or cruise locale?

If I buy a package of wine by a number of bottles, (assume I get to choose from a selection but where is that information with prices?) and do not drink the whole bottle (husband doesn't drink wine) at one sitting, will Celebrity cork it, save it and make it available next night wherever I might be dining? Or can I bring bottle back to cabin and then with me to dinner the next night?

Thanks!

The wines by the glass will vary considerably. Wines by the bottle will also vary quite a bit. There is a list on the ship with what is included in the package but they will substitute for equal value wines.

Anything by the bottle not consumed will be corked and available for the next evening wherever you tell them to send it. Otherwise you can take the bottle back to your stateroom.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

The two attached lists were valid last August when sailing on Equinox around the Med for the select package

However I notice the link (on the first page) show drinks on the attached list now on the Premier Package

Its strange how they make the decision of what beers are on the select package and the premier package, I assume its decided in the US, hence when in Europe, some of the cheaper beers in Europe appear as premium on the ship

classic-beverage-package_UKSite.pdf

Classic Package Inclusions - Seasonal Pricing 2014_tcm22-58906.pdf

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Celebrity is now showing the cost of the Premium Package at as $69 instead of $59, making upgrading a $20 per day cost instead of a $10 cost. Does anyone else see this? We were thinking of upgrading the last 2 or 3 days but not for $20 pp.

Premium Package

Prices Starting From*

$69.62 USD Adult

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Celebrity is now showing the cost of the Premium Package at as $69 instead of $59, making upgrading a $20 per day cost instead of a $10 cost. Does anyone else see this? We were thinking of upgrading the last 2 or 3 days but not for $20 pp.

Premium Package

Prices Starting From*

$69.62 USD Adult

Where are you seeing those prices? I'm still seeing $59/night on Celebrity's website.

Where are you seeing those prices? I'm still seeing $59/night on Celebrity's website.

When I login and go to the Cruise Planner for my cruise on the Celebrity website it says starting "from $69.62 USD Adult", yet their website says $59. I hope the $69 is a glitch/mistake.

Edited by ERIN123

When I login and go to the Cruise Planner for my cruise on the Celebrity website it says starting "from $69.62 USD Adult", yet their website says $59. I hope the $69 is a glitch/mistake.

It looks like the $69.62 USD is the price ($59) plus the 18% gratuity ($10.62). Mystery solved :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again ailetoile , ( linen wing or star?) Fun name!

I read through your very detailed info on bringing wine on board ( we are on Celebrity Infinity - April 13 - Panama cruise.)

I just want to make sure this is OK .

I bought 5 bottles ( 4 wines, 1 vodka) from the Gift Boutique ( at decent prices) to be sent to our stateroom as we did not take a package for our 15 day cruise. MY QUESTIONS:Will I still be able to bring my 2 bottles on board upon arrival? And can we replenish at different ports or not ? I appreciate your knowledge coming from all that wonderful sailing experience. Suzanne