Celebrity air - Take it - save some $.

Longboysfan

With the gas prices going up.

With the airline fares adding extra surcharges to the cost of each flight.

I recently looked at the cost of a direct flight from Newark to Houston.

We're going on the Galaxy out of Galveston in February.

We booked the Air portion with Celebrity.

This was about $410 or so per.

The direct flight cost through Continental was about $390 per.

The Celebrity air trransport program will give us the transfers to the ship at no charge. It's about $75 per if you just use this.

A real nice extra is being Elite status which allows us to use the custom air portion for the trip.

But the lock in on the air portion of the trip now as Celebrity has not changed their prices yet.

Something to think about. Check the fares on line then on the Celebrity site.

We actually booked our air for our San Juan cruise with Celebrity; it was about $400/person cheaper at the time of booking than by booking with the airline. Frequent flyer miles were not an option as we would have had to stay in San Juan for about 3 days in order to use them because of limited seat availability ( there wasn't any and this was in February of this year). Captain's Club got us the seats that we wanted on the flights that we wanted and at a significant savings.

This may well be, and probably is, a peculiarity of the airline situation here in Charlotte where one carrier is just about totally dominant, but it still paid us to use the "free" custom air option, and I would certainly recommend at least looking at it.

Hey, it's an "800" number.....:)

We actually booked our air for our San Juan cruise with Celebrity; it was about $400/person cheaper at the time of booking than by booking with the airline. Frequent flyer miles were not an option as we would have had to stay in San Juan for about 3 days in order to use them because of limited seat availability ( there wasn't any and this was in February of this year). Captain's Club got us the seats that we wanted on the flights that we wanted and at a significant savings.

This may well be, and probably is, a peculiarity of the airline situation here in Charlotte where one carrier is just about totally dominant, but it still paid us to use the "free" custom air option, and I would certainly recommend at least looking at it.

Hey, it's an "800" number.....:)

Hi,

We've booked Celebrity air for our Venice to Barcelona trip. After weeks of scouring the fares out of DFW (American Airlines monopoly in the extreme) I came to the conclusion that taking X air saves us about 300 bucks. Got the flights we wanted using custom air too. Only one stop each way. The closest I came in price were flights making either two or THREE different connections for about $1200. Same price as X but without any transfers. Vicki

so we have no hassles with the terrorist stamp on the boarding pass. Celebrity Air is coded R/T since they know they are a cruiseline & have 2 different ports.

Especially International Air, always cheaper and you know 9 months in advance so we can get EEAS seats.

We are using air miles for CLE-Miami since $400 is over our means & $15 for a cab is great when we cruise FOS Oct '06

Hi,

We've booked Celebrity air for our Venice to Barcelona trip. After weeks of scouring the fares out of DFW (American Airlines monopoly in the extreme) I came to the conclusion that taking X air saves us about 300 bucks. Got the flights we wanted using custom air too. Only one stop each way. The closest I came in price were flights making either two or THREE different connections for about $1200. Same price as X but without any transfers. Vicki

That's because you are booking far too early to get better fares. I got our airfare for our June 2005 Millennium cruise from Las Vegas for $1062 pp on American Airlines (we went through DFW on the way to and back) in February before we left. Celebrity wanted $1289 pp. That savings of $908 for the 4 of us paid for our pre and post cruise stays. We could have gotten fares under $1000 on US Airways, but at the time I was nervous about them going belly up.

Check the airfare again after the New Year and you may be surprised.

so we have no hassles with the terrorist stamp on the boarding pass. Celebrity Air is coded R/T since they know they are a cruiseline & have 2 different ports.

Especially International Air, always cheaper and you know 9 months in advance so we can get EEAS seats.

We are using air miles for CLE-Miami since $400 is over our means & $15 for a cab is great when we cruise FOS Oct '06

Hello Macop,

What in the world is "the terrorist stamp on the boarding pass"?:eek: We will be checking for a one way flight to Dover for next August for our Baltic cruise.

Haven't ever flown one way to Europe. Sounds like something we'd want to avoid also!!!

That's because you are booking far too early to get better fares. I got our airfare for our June 2005 Millennium cruise from Las Vegas for $1062 pp on American Airlines (we went through DFW on the way to and back) in February before we left. Celebrity wanted $1289 pp. That savings of $908 for the 4 of us paid for our pre and post cruise stays. We could have gotten fares under $1000 on US Airways, but at the time I was nervous about them going belly up.

Check the airfare again after the New Year and you may be surprised.

Hi,

Won't make a difference. Fares are considerably higher when originating at DFW. Even worse now that Delta pulled out. We usually take Southwest when flying in US, sometimes even driving to Austin to get around the Wright amendment. Major problem was the return flight. AA had plenty of flights back to London from Barcelona but they all flew into Heathrow with the connection leaving from Gatwick which meant schlepping all the bags from one airport to the other. (Or vice versa. I can't remember which) With X I'm getting AA one way, Delta on the return and transfers. I always keep checking prices up until payment but I really don't expect to be surprised by a low fare. V.

Archived