-51...and Twenty Nine Sleeps to go

Ykgorbie

Ok. Everyone hates the winter, but when I drove to work this morning, the wind chill temperature was -51C, which, for you American folk, converts to -59.8F. We are booked on the Pride Repo cruise on March 15th and this is one girl who cannot wait to don the flip flops and bask in the sun. Getting SO excited !

It's 54 F here in Houston right now with a high of 77F today. Believe it or not, I'm cold too. I don't really like anything below 80F. When it gets down to 50, I'm in a trench coat, boots, and a hat. I would probably just stay at home, in bed, dressed in 3 layers, head under the covers from September to June if I lived up there in the cold zone with you guys. I usually plan a cruise around January/February to warm up for a few days, at least.

Ok. Everyone hates the winter, but when I drove to work this morning, the wind chill temperature was -51C, which, for you American folk, converts to -59.8F. We are booked on the Pride Repo cruise on March 15th and this is one girl who cannot wait to don the flip flops and bask in the sun. Getting SO excited !

I so understand, although Yellowknife trumps New Brunswick, but this Canadian girl is over winter ... -30C here today and a major blizzard forecasted for Sunday and Monday ... on top of the piles and piles of snow we already have on the ground ... 55 days and I'm on a plane towards a ship. I'm resilient, I can make it! ;)

Hang in there, you are close! We are expecting cold here tonight and next week...9 degrees tonight with winds up to 65 mph. Tomorrow a high of 26, and snow/ winter mix Monday. Yuck!