ncl gem cabin question

shooky

Good evening,

We' re going on the gem in 13 days. We booked a Mini-Suite Stateroom

11004 , Category: mb

Going with my 2 kids and would like to know if they will have to sleep together on sofa or they will have bunked bed.

Thank you for your respond

The floor plan says "Holds 4", so I am guessing the bunk beds. Well, one on the couch and one on the bed that comes down from the ceiling.

If your kids are small enough and willing to share the couch, you can ask your steward to make it up that way. I think there is a minimum weight for the overhead bunk but I've never used one and can't be sure.

Edited by Valen9

Mini-suites on the Gem do not have bunks. Guests 3 & 4 sleep on the sofa, which folds out into a double bed. Great for smaller kids, but tight for adult-sized people.

For that reason, some groups of 4 choose to stick with the smaller balcony cabin instead of upgrading to a mini-suite. It has twin beds for passengers 1 and 2 (can be made up together) and a small fold out sofa for passenger 3. Some (maybe all? not sure) of them have a pull down bed for the 4th passenger. The bed blocks the balcony door when it is folded down, but at least the 3rd & 4th don't have to share.

Edited by Pikaia