gratuities

baileydanae

Some of the confusion seems to arise from the fact (based on quoted emails) that two different emails were sent. The one quoted from a travel agent gives the Feb. 28 deadline; the one quoted by Demonyte (which is what we cruisers received if we owed them directly to NCL ) gives no dated deadline, rather a note to prepay to avoid increase on currently booked cruises.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes, that is exactly the case.

"$12.95 up to a mini suite" does that mean a mini suite is included in the $12.95 price? If so, I would have thought it would have said "through" a mini suite.

Thanks.

Yes, mini suites are $12.95.

I think that's one of the few areas where the wording is reasonably clear. :) Using "through" would sound odd to many non Americans.

And the PP was giving your answer validation, at least that's how I read it.

And I was simply concurring with what you stated. Don't understand the :confused: ???

I read it the same as you guys. No clue how someone could turn that into something else. :rolleyes:

The email only states that after March 1 charges onboard are done at new rates.

As KeithJenner said, the email sent directly to customers doesn't say anything about a deadline for prepaying (obiviously as long as it is before the cruise) or that one would need to pay before March 1 to get old rates.

The whole email I received is there in the another thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45599430

My email directly from NCL stated exactly what I posted. If you pay before 01 March, you pay at the old rate. On cruises after 01 March if you pay on board you pay at the new rate. That's all is says (other than NCL fluffery).

My email directly from NCL stated exactly what I posted. If you pay before 01 March, you pay at the old rate. On cruises after 01 March if you pay on board you pay at the new rate. That's all is says (other than NCL fluffery).

Please click the link I provided and tell me if the email you got is really a different one?

There are a lot of things which are speculation at the moment, or that people are "filling the blanks" on, but is it a fact that the emails sent direct from NCL don't quote a date to prepay the DSC by.

Whether they should have or not is certainly a matter for speculation, but they certainly don't state a date to pay by.

You are mixing up what I am saying. My email directly from NCL says if you pay your DSC before 01 March you pay at the old rate. For cruises sailing after 01 March you pay at the new rate on board.

Please click the link I provided and tell me if the email you got is really a different one?

Nope, it's the same. The question is, why do you not comprehend that rates go up 01 March? If you pre-pay before that date, you pay at the old rate. Do you seriously think that NCL's website can juggle two different DSC rates (because what you are assuming is that you can pre-pay in say November for a December cruise and only get charged $12 because the email says if you "pre-pay" you pay at the old rate).

Nope, it's the same. The question is, why do you not comprehend that rates go up 01 March? If you pre-pay before that date, you pay at the old rate. Do you seriously think that NCL's website can juggle two different DSC rates (because what you are assuming is that you can pre-pay in say November for a December cruise and only get charged $12 because the email says if you "pre-pay" you pay at the old rate).

Now you are filling in the blanks with your own opinion - the email only says that from March 1 DSC onboard will raise and old rates apply if prepaid, everything else is your own interpretation.

Technically there is no reason why the website wouldn't be able to determine the right prepaid amount based on reservation date so for that and other reasons I'm giving them the benefit of doubt.

Edited by Demonyte

You are mixing up what I am saying. My email directly from NCL says if you pay your DSC before 01 March you pay at the old rate. For cruises sailing after 01 March you pay at the new rate on board.

My email only says if you prepay, it gives no date to prepay by to get the old rate.

Feeling a bit grumpy this morning are we? :)

It's afternoon here and nope, I'm genuinely just wondering because they feel so strongly about the matter (claiming that their email states something) and at the same time accuse others of filling in the blanks with their own opinions. ;)

Do you seriously think that NCL's website can juggle two different DSC rates (because what you are assuming is that you can pre-pay in say November for a December cruise and only get charged $12 because the email says if you "pre-pay" you pay at the old rate).

I don't see any reason why it can't.

It can, for example, charge two different rates for the UDP depending on someone's latitudes level. This is the same sort of thing.

Not this it is a relevant point. As I said earlier, we aren't giving an opinion either way as to whether NCL meant to give a date that the DSC has to be paid by (it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was left off accidentally). I am just stating the clear fact that the email sent out (and linked to above by Demonyte) doesn't state such a date.

Edited by KeithJenner

From the email that I received...as long as you prepary the DSC before the end of February, you will still pay the old rate of $12...no matter when your cruise is.

Anything paid after that will be the new rate. :)

Hi - what is the wording of your email. The email I received seems to contradict that. It makes no mention of having to pay by end of Feb/beginning of March 2015; just pre-pay at old rate or pay onboard at new rate. No stipulation as to a date pre-pay must occur by :confused:

Hi - what is the wording of your email. The email I received seems to contradict that. It makes no mention of having to pay by end of Feb/beginning of March 2015; just pre-pay at old rate or pay onboard at new rate. No stipulation as to a date pre-pay must occur by :confused:

AFAIK NCL has sent only two emails: the earlier one to TAs that has the deadline and the later one to already booked customers once for each reservation (that does not have prepaid DSC) that has no deadline.

I can only assume that mitsugirly referred to an email from their TA that is written based on NCL's earlier message.

[quote name='Demonyte']It's afternoon here and nope, I'm genuinely just wondering because they feel so strongly about the matter (claiming that their email states something) and at the same time accuse others of filling in the blanks with their own opinions. ;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry about the time mistake. I should have remembered the 2 hour time difference having once worked for a Finnish company