Daytona 500 on Carnival Paradise

Yvonne

My husband asked me if there will be anywhere to watch the Daytona 500 next Sunday while we're on the Paradise, so I told him I would ask here. :)

From the photos of the various bars, it doesn't really look like any of them is a "sports" bar, so I'm just wondering if there is any chance he will be able to see the race.

He'll record it but it won't quite be "the same" watching it a week later. :)

Nascar Racing seems to be pretty low on the sporting events list on cruise ships. We were on the RCCL Freedom of the Seas a few years ago during the Homestead race and it wasn't being shown anywhere. This was for JJ's fifth consecutive championship. People were more up in arms about some Alabama football game that wasn't shown. BooHoo.

The Daytona 500 may be different and you may be able to find it being shown somewhere. If it is on embarkation day, I doubt it will be shown on the ship.

Edited by dioxide45

The only time we have able to see any NASCAR racing was on 2 separate occasions on Celebrity ships. The last time we asked around at the bars & got a bar manager that put it on a special TV in one of the bigger lounges just for us. As people passed by we ended up with a few more viewers.

The only time we have able to see any NASCAR racing was on 2 separate occasions on Celebrity ships. The last time we asked around at the bars & got a bar manager that put it on a special TV in one of the bigger lounges just for us. As people passed by we ended up with a few more viewers.

Maybe go to the back bar ( don't remember the name ) right outside the comedy club.

We have seen a lot of different things on TV,

If it is on a Miami local channel they can get it. Also ESPN.

That is what they call their sports area ( really lame )

Love the Paradise & have spent a lot of our time on her this winter.

Char

Dw and other family were on the Triumph when Dale Earnhardt was killed at Daytona but I don't remember the race being on any of the TV screens. Since that time I have seen plenty of sports programs on cruises but don't specifically remember any racing.

We are on the same sailing on the Paradise. Only area would be the Rotterdam bar at the back of the ship I think it has 5 or 6 TVs. It's on FOX so I was hoping they could put it on as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My husband asked me if there will be anywhere to watch the Daytona 500 next Sunday while we're on the Paradise, so I told him I would ask here. :)

From the photos of the various bars, it doesn't really look like any of them is a "sports" bar, so I'm just wondering if there is any chance he will be able to see the race.

He'll record it but it won't quite be "the same" watching it a week later. :)

Carnival has ALL 3 major networks, should b no problem.

We just got off the Paradise a week and a half ago. Go to the Rotterdam bar. Someone mentioned it earlier. It's right outside the comedy club/lounge at the back of the ship. If the ship can get the station, the bartenders there will put it on for you. The two female bartenders there at night were the two best on the ship.

Cruise lover since 1995!