What teabags on Arcadia?

Dorset Cruiser

Why? it is less of a heath hazard than the bottled water, and cheaper ;)

Would not say ship water was less of a health hazard than bottled, both are as good as each other. However, ship water does give tea and coffee a distinctive taste and some say that it has a higher salt content than most people think. Also on Arcadia last week, on many days the water from our cabin taps had a distinct beige colour 😱

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tricky one! Sometimes the ship distills the water, and sometimes they take on water at port. Also, I don't know what systems and procedures the ships/lines have for the sanitation of their storage and plumbing systems.

I will use the water in the cabin for drinking/toothbrushing once it's been boiled, but for drinking cold I will be using a Travel Tap water bottle with built in purification. It also means I can stick it in the fridge and get cold water instead of (apparently) tepid.

I think all free cruise coffee is not very good as its made with a syrup. Sail Princess a lot and we exchange our bar setups for free coffee cards. On other lines, if there is no in-cabin kettle, we treat ourselves to a few decent coffees but on P&O we take our own coffee/sachets/teabags.

Not all free cruise coffee it made with a syrup.

On P&O Darlington brand coffee is used which is now called Bewley's coffee.

On Cunard it is Musetti coffee

On QM2 the best free coffee is by Connexions on Deck 2 Fwd.

Edited by Pennbank

Not all free cruise coffee it made with a syrup.

On P&O Darlington brand coffee is used which is now called Bewley's coffee.

On Cunard it is Musetti coffee

On QM2 the best free coffee is by Connexions on Deck 2 Fwd.

Whatever it is made from, in my experience of over 30 cruises with various cruiselines and to my taste, the free coffee provided in the various restaurants is never very nice. I have ne er heard if Darlington, Bewleys or Musetti coffee. If the free coffee on P&O is so nice, its surprising just how crowded the Costa outlets were on our recent Arcadia cruise 😄

Taking my own instant coffee as well - Nescafe Azera - and the Nescafe Azera Latte sachets that we like. Doesn't take up any room. Just hope they've got the McVities Digestives in the buffet

We only like Nespresso.

Do you think they will put a pod machine in our stateroom? :D