Will I have enough time

trenz

We will be in Nassau on Sun Oct 9, from 8am to 5pm. We have booked the dolphin encounter through RCCL. That is from 10 to 1:30. Will I have enough time to check out the Atlantis (including the Digs) and the straw market?

My GF wanted the dolphins and the straw market and I wanted to see Atlantis. She likes the leisurely walking around and I like to walk briskly to see as much as possible. She would prefer as much beach time as possible and I figured we would have our beach time on Coco Cay so we could use the time on Nassau more for sightseeing as opposed to swimming. So here are my 2 ideas that would include everything. Do you think they can be accomplished?

A)off the ship early, go to straw market (will they be open this early on a Sun?)

and a little beach time, meet for the dolphins 10 to 1:30, go to Atlantis for a couple of hours than back near the ship for a little more beach time before boarding by 4:30

B)off the ship early, beach time till we meet for the dolphins, hit Atlantis from about 1:30 to 3:30, straw market till we board the ship at 4:30.

I figure option 2 would be better. If we have any purchases from the market we are heading right to the ship from there.

I do have some question that would help with my planning

1) how long is the walk from the pier to the market

2)can you walk around the market in less than an hour

3)can you see Atlantis in less than 2 hours

4) are there public beaches near the pier

Sorry for all the questions but it is my first cruise and I do get a little carried away with pre planning

Thanks

Trenz

I am not sure how much time is needed for the Dolphin Encounter. You will have a full day of beach time at Coco Cay.

The straw market is closer to the ship than Atlantis. You can do the market as fast as you like, less than an hour. It is about a 10 minute walk.

You can do Atlanits in two hours if you want, but would need to pace yourself. Take a taxi. It would be faster for you.

I would forget the beaches.

Archived