Proud Pride Cruisers!! (Feb 8th-Feb 15th Western Review)

Viscus

Between the miserably long tender ride and the condition of the area immediately around the cruise terminal, I'm actually surprised major cruise lines port there and associate their brand with it

Exactly!! I love Roatan but I will not sail on that itinerary because of Belize! Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel itinerary is much better!

Exactly!! I love Roatan but I will not sail on that itinerary because of Belize! Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel itinerary is much better!

I remember Jamaica being the same kind of port as Belize just without the tender. That was when I was like 14 though, so it's been a little while since I've been.

I agree about the cookies. I was on the Pride the last time in May and didn't care for the small hard cookies. The only good cookies you had to pay for at the coffee bar. Missed those warm soft chocolate chip cookies on RC and Princess. I did think the pizza was the best of any cruise ship I've been on. Also love the 24hr ice cream and looking forward to Guys!

I agree about the cookies. I was on the Pride the last time in May and didn't care for the small hard cookies. The only good cookies you had to pay for at the coffee bar. Missed those warm soft chocolate chip cookies on RC and Princess. I did think the pizza was the best of any cruise ship I've been on. Also love the 24hr ice cream and looking forward to Guys!

Yeah, I'm not a huge dessert guy, so them being mediocre doesn't really bother all that much. Plus, my wife can usually find a decent slice of cheesecake somewhere on the ship.

What a fabulous review. Love your attitude!!!

We are on the Pride for the first time since 2.0 for the March 15 repositioning. I can't wait.

Welcome to Cruise Critic, Lisa. My friend and I will be on the repositioning cruise as well. Pop in on our crazy roll call and get a warm welcome.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45653184&posted=1#post45653184

Kathy

The place we went do did also offer zip lining along with all the animal interactions, but I cannot remember the place's name, and none listed ring a bell (although it could be one of them, I just can't remember).

As crewsweeper said, the easiest way to find it is to book a Victor Bodden tour and request the $10pp one instead of the $5pp one. He might also just tell you if you email him, I don't know.

From your description, it must have been Vic Bodden's personal little attraction. I had a group signed up with him and then had to cancel myself out, so I missed it.

Kathy

Thank you for this review. My first cruise is in April on the Pride.

You made me more excited than ever to go!!!

Another Cruise Critic newbie. Welcome.

Viscus, your great review is bringing them out of the woodwork!!:)

Happy sails to all. Kathy

Do you remember if the arcade had skeeball in it? I love this game and I cant recall what ship I was on that had it.. Thank you and Great Review. I am excited to be back on her in April.

I don't think so. Other than air hockey, all of the games were digital.

From your description, it must have been Vic Bodden's personal little attraction. I had a group signed up with him and then had to cancel myself out, so I missed it.

Kathy

I know for sure it wasn't Bodden's monkey attraction, that one is $5 pp, the one we did was $10pp.

I might have lied. Got called into work early and will probably be here late. Ahhh, the life of a supervisor the week after a 7 day vacation.

Also, it's 15 degrees outside in Atlanta, this time last week, I was complaining because it was 90 degrees and 100% humidity in Honduras. I think I'd prefer the latter right now.

couple a questions if you would ...:)

is the water temps reasonable ??? i google for grand cayman, it said 80 ... and 81 for roatan .. tampa beaches in summer are usually around 85 - or 86 ...

bathwater .. lol

also, did they play any good movies on the big screen ???

congrats again on your engagement :)

couple a questions if you would ...:)

is the water temps reasonable ??? i google for grand cayman, it said 80 ... and 81 for roatan .. tampa beaches in summer are usually around 85 - or 86 ...

bathwater .. lol

also, did they play any good movies on the big screen ???

congrats again on your engagement :)

The only water we ever found was a little too cold was the pool on the serenity deck. We didn't go in the water in Belize, but all 4 of us were from Atlanta, and never found any of the water cold. The chilliest was Grand Cayman, and that water felt amazing to me.

And there were a few movies me and my wife would consider good playing, but we never saw any of them. They were either terrible (Ride Along/Grown Ups 2) or we'd seen them too many times (Fault In Our Stars/Guardians of the Galaxy).

Also, I've been married for almost a year now. I think I would've remembered getting engaged on this trip...Maybe I was a little more drunk at Mr Sanchos than I thought...

A++ for effort, F- for execution for making people have to look at a picture of me. ;)

Thanks for the vid though, was fun trying to spot myself. Think I did in 2 other spots.

I think I saw the two of you at minute 4 on this video:

As look at the picture above, I see it is the same one.

You are famous!!

Kathy

Edited by petesweet