Proud Pride Cruisers!! (Feb 8th-Feb 15th Western Review)

Viscus

Awesome review. Keep up the great work.

I was on the Jan 25th Splendor sailing out of Miami and Pride and Splendor were followiing each other to the same ports you went to. It was an awesome itinerary and cruise. The people I talked to from the Pride said they loved the ship. I look forward to the rest of your review.

Thanks for posting.:cool:

Nooo...don't stop! Love your sense of humor...killing me with the comments at Mr. Carlos' :). I have to mention though that I have seen 3 pictures with "teeth" on you....just sayin...maybe it's the happiness of being on a cruise. ;)

Accidents do happen. ;)

Wow, I have really enjoyed seeing your review through your eyes. It has been very interesting . We sail on her Mar.15 on the 14 day back to Baltimore from Tampa. Having been on the Pride 4 times before I loved seeing some of the upgrades. Our cruise can't come soon enough since we are freezing up north with no end in site ( at least not this week ). Thanks again for sharing. Alice

Required bridge in the background with the smiling couple picture:

94A3F9C6-4E62-43C9-A0D7-A20B5E05BAF4.jpg

82802D42-7B65-46F3-B9A1-832CBD02F461.jpg

Flatiron Steak: 6/10. Kind of overcooked, gravy saved it.

Off to bed for our 2nd day, our first sea day! Our itenerary was Sea day>Cozumel>Belize>Roatan>Cayman>Sea Day. Having all the ports back to back to back made me miss sea days by day 4, but Monday was a fun day. Also, I always rolled my eyes when people said these reviews were hard work, but man, this is intense. Fun, and it makes me feel like the vacation is still happening a little bit, but intensive.

Glad I wasn't the only one that thought the Flat-Iron steak was a bit "off". I love steak but something just tasted downright awkward with it every time I tried it ( 3 different times )

Thanks for doing the review. Did mine a couple weeks ago and yea it is kind of like stretching out that vacation feeling just a little more. You put it very well indeed. Great Job!

And with that, I'm heading to bed. Looks like this site is mostly asleep too. My wife's already in bed and yelling at me to stop reminiscing and shut off the computer. She just doesn't understand man.

WOW verbatim what my fiance' was doing to me when I did mine. I just reminded her how much "Candy/Pet/Soda/Whatever Crush" she played and I got some extra time to "play" with my review :)

Awesome review. Keep up the great work.

I was on the Jan 25th Splendor sailing out of Miami and Pride and Splendor were followiing each other to the same ports you went to. It was an awesome itinerary and cruise. The people I talked to from the Pride said they loved the ship. I look forward to the rest of your review.

Thanks for posting.:cool:

It was kind of cool getting to know some of the people on the Splendor at each of the ports. Was kind of like having 2 cruise ships worth of people together.

The Peasants are sufficiently jealous of your cabana! I've had a few good times at Mr Sanchos! The dirty monkey was my drink of choice. Loving the review :)

;)

And the Dirty Monkey was great, but those Long Islands were perfect for the beach.

Wow, I have really enjoyed seeing your review through your eyes. It has been very interesting . We sail on her Mar.15 on the 14 day back to Baltimore from Tampa. Having been on the Pride 4 times before I loved seeing some of the upgrades. Our cruise can't come soon enough since we are freezing up north with no end in site ( at least not this week ). Thanks again for sharing. Alice

I've been trying to convince my wife to give a 14 day cruise a shot. 7 days is just too short. No idea how people do shorter cruises.

Glad I wasn't the only one that thought the Flat-Iron steak was a bit "off". I love steak but something just tasted downright awkward with it every time I tried it ( 3 different times )

Thanks for doing the review. Did mine a couple weeks ago and yea it is kind of like stretching out that vacation feeling just a little more. You put it very well indeed. Great Job!

I only tried it that once. It definitely wasn't bad, just wasn't anything better than what you'd get at like an Applebees. Just very mediocre.

Back to the drunken debauchery:

Our waiter for the day was Carlos. The place should be called Mr. Carlos'. He was great. By the time I'd finish one drink, he'd be walking up with the next one, and we were at the very end of cabanas, as far from the wait staff bar as possible. The man was there to keep us happy, and he definitely did that. My wife said she started feeling jealous during the day because I never say such nice things about her. Once she starts bringing me fish tacos and alcohol non-stop on a beach, that'll change.

D05BAAFA-4DBC-481B-BBCA-40E12F7C5373.jpg

Excuse the finger in the picture, we were all a little bit gone by that point in the day (picture was taken before we left). Seriously people, ask for Carlos if you can, the man was the bomb. He made us a special concoction that wasn't on the menu that tasted just like Monster energy drinks. Mmmmmm.

Anyways, enough swooning, it was time for drink #1 of many.

The menus (you ignore the prices on the all-inclusive side, and you can order as much and as many times as you want):

22509133-BD7B-43EF-832C-CD0EDC3BDA0D.jpg

AD682C0D-907E-4037-AA6D-024A630DD597.jpg

DCFDE94A-3579-4076-BFDE-1FDF5D6E033D.jpg

Husband#2 and I's Dos Equis'. My wife loved the Pina Colada, my favorite drink was the Long Island, the husband#2 loved the Mr Sanchos' special. Wife#2 was still pregnant, so she enjoyed a lovely array of bottled water and virgin daiquiris. :P

8C8A2D03-6402-471F-A7A7-0594FE415B4D.jpg

Restroom and locker area. The lockers are included, but we didn't use them as someone would be with our stuff at all times. Bathrooms were kept very clean, and the area that's roped off is where they're doing stonework in preparation for a new AI section that was supposed to open in March.

E4087AB7-3D9B-45BF-A9B1-0FABB4F35976.jpg

The AI swim up bar area. The wives loved this part, and spent a good part of the day in there. Was a great spot, got a little crowded by mid-late afternoon, but wasn't ridiculous. And I had read reviews that said people got a little loud and crazy at Mr Sanchos. I never found that to be the case, and that's not because we were the loud people. :P

People were respectful of others' spaces, and everyone kept it as a nice beach day.

Really enjoying your review. We are doing the same itinerary in April but out of Miami and on the Glory. Really looking forward to a Guy's Burger...

Really enjoying your review. We are doing the same itinerary in April but out of Miami and on the Glory. Really looking forward to a Guy's Burger...

Worth the price of the cruise in my opinion. We ate there more times than any other venue on the ship probably, MDR the only thing that comes close.

what time of day is guys burger joint open ??? is it open when you get back on board after excursions ???

It's open until 6PM on all ships as far as I know, I don't know when they first open. But yes, they'll usually be one of the few places still open for "lunch" when you get back from a port in the afternoon.

I'm still reading posts in our cruise group's facebook group about people landing in their home city in -15 weather. That isn't where humans should live people.

It's in the negatives here at night and snowing like crazy today.

This is my thought exactly...

cold-air-hurts-face-funny-264x264.jpg

So, thanks to mitsugirly's reviews, we decided to head to Mr Sanchos this port day.

Is feeling famous today. Thanks for that shout out and hopefully you enjoyed it (haven't got to the end yet). :)

We also had read that if their cabanas aren't all reserved for the day (Costs an extra $100 per 2 people to reserve them), they were up for grabs if you showed up early and requested them for free.

Wait what??? I have never heard this before! Why didn't someone tell me this? I don't think they were taken the day we were there. :(

924B3D51-01D6-4333-993D-4E8371589D23.jpg

F2D13691-3202-4B6A-ABAF-F6906F534DD8.jpg

View from the buffet area.

I'm trying to picture where this is at. I know when we were there...oh my gosh, has it been THAT long ago??? It was December 2013?? Yikes. But they were building an area that looked similar to the other eating area over by the non-AI side.

Is this the new area in the picture you posted? I can't imagine it not being done by now...they've had over a year now.

Here's the picture I had of the area they were building on.

PC200277-M.jpg

Back to the drunken debauchery:

Our waiter for the day was Carlos. The place should be called Mr. Carlos'.

I seriously think that Carlos is the ONLY waiter at Mr Sanchos. If you read anyone's review of this place, Carlos is the waiter there and awesome. Or...just maybe EVERYONE there has the name Carlos? It's still up for debate I think.

Day 3 was a casual night, and the menu looked pretty great on the in room TV where you can check them.

You can get the dinner menu on your t.v. in the room? I didn't realize that. Thanks for this info!!!

;)

I'm trying to picture where this is at. I know when we were there...oh my gosh, has it been THAT long ago??? It was December 2013?? Yikes. But they were building an area that looked similar to the other eating area over by the non-AI side.

Is this the new area in the picture you posted? I can't imagine it not being done by now...they've had over a year now.

Here's the picture I had of the area they were building on.

PC200277-M.jpg

I seriously think that Carlos is the ONLY waiter at Mr Sanchos. If you read anyone's review of this place, Carlos is the waiter there and awesome. Or...just maybe EVERYONE there has the name Carlos? It's still up for debate I think.

You can get the dinner menu on your t.v. in the room? I didn't realize that. Thanks for this info!!!

I think everyone is named Carlos, that was our servers name at Nacho too.

8662E898-6FA5-4C18-9882-41D8297C0A06.jpg

Husband#2 and I also went from the slide to the Lido main pool area for the first cornhole tournament. This is where I won my first Ship on a stick (only one trivia trophy, we'll talk about that later :P), was really fun.

C2394E31-6D10-4C43-A42E-1A202F1FD357.jpg

(I love the guy in the background of this pic. I'll let you look for him yourself, see if you see what I'm talking about ;) )

Loving your review and I love that guy too....:cool:;).

Thanks so much,,,,love your humor and your good heartedness and yeah..I love fun but also love quiet..looking for deals on others to try too...

These reviews cheer the winter blues..we are having an unusually easy one here though..Thank you God..and that would be ski area Montana..lol..it is not fit for moi..LOL..Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Wait what??? I have never heard this before! Why didn't someone tell me this? I don't think they were taken the day we were there.

Weird, if you would've asked me, I would've told you I learned that from your Mr Sanchos review. No idea where I picked that up, but it's true!

I think the building under construction in your picture is the current buffet/wifi hut. The steps look right. There is also another walled off area that will be opening this March according to Carlos that will add another pool and lounging area for AI guests.

I also remember at least 1 Hector waiter at Mr Sanchos. Maybe there's a list of names they choose from, kind of like german class in high school? :shrug:

And yes, you can pull up the full MDR menu and the David's Steakhouse menu on your tv by going through the menu. I don't know about other venues on other ships, those were the 2 available menus each night on the Pride.

Loving your review and I love that guy too.....

Thanks so much,,,,love your humor and your good heartedness and yeah..I love fun but also love quiet..looking for deals on others to try too...

These reviews cheer the winter blues..we are having an unusually easy one here though..Thank you God..and that would be ski area Montana..lol..it is not fit for moi..LOL..Sarah

I saw him all week, he was just doing his thang all 7 days, was awe-inspiring.

And winter has been INSANE in Atlanta, we've had to wear our coats on a lot of days. COATS!!!1! It got down to like 35 degrees! So chilly!

;)

Oh, and I'll be starting Belize shortly tonight, about to leave the lab and head home. Something about being gone for 5 business days equates into crazy first days back. Crazy, right?

Also, went to an urgent care clinic tonight, turns out I have strep throat. So there's the biggest negative from the cruise. Some jerkyjerkface walked around sick and passed his/her cooties to me. It's going to be great using a couple of sicks days the week after I'm on a cruise. Makes me look like such a solid employee. :(

Weird, if you would've asked me, I would've told you I learned that from your Mr Sanchos review. No idea where I picked that up, but it's true!

I think the building under construction in your picture is the current buffet/wifi hut. The steps look right. There is also another walled off area that will be opening this March according to Carlos that will add another pool and lounging area for AI guests.

I also remember at least 1 Hector waiter at Mr Sanchos. Maybe there's a list of names they choose from, kind of like german class in high school? :shrug:

And yes, you can pull up the full MDR menu and the David's Steakhouse menu on your tv by going through the menu. I don't know about other venues on other ships, those were the 2 available menus each night on the Pride.

They are building another pool area for AI? Is this a big area? I can't imagine where it would be located unless it was down at the end of the beach. Where is there enough space to put another pool?

I have to agree with you...everyone on here says that Mr Sanchos is the "loud and crazy" group of people, but we didn't experience any of that. It was a fun and relaxing day there. It wasn't loud or anything and no different than any other beach we have been to. Actually everyone recommends Nachi for the "quiet and relaxing" day...but when we were there it wasn't really. There were kids in the pool splashing each other (and everyone around them), climbing in the hot tub and making a scene. So...it would all depend on the day you are there and who is there with you would be my thoughts.

Glad to hear about the menu for the MDR being on the tv. This makes life a lot more simple to decide where we will eat in the evenings and whether or not we'll be dressing up. :)

They are building another pool area for AI? Is this a big area? I can't imagine where it would be located unless it was down at the end of the beach. Where is there enough space to put another pool?

I have to agree with you...everyone on here says that Mr Sanchos is the "loud and crazy" group of people, but we didn't experience any of that. It was a fun and relaxing day there. It wasn't loud or anything and no different than any other beach we have been to. Actually everyone recommends Nachi for the "quiet and relaxing" day...but when we were there it wasn't really. There were kids in the pool splashing each other (and everyone around them), climbing in the hot tub and making a scene. So...it would all depend on the day you are there and who is there with you would be my thoughts.

Glad to hear about the menu for the MDR being on the tv. This makes life a lot more simple to decide where we will eat in the evenings and whether or not we'll be dressing up. :)

The area that was walled off was behind and above the cabanas. If you look at my pictures, there's a wall right behind our cabana, this was the beachside barrier for the work area. From the outside looking it, it looked like a pretty large area.

And I don't know how quiet people expect a beach club to be. Yes, there were people laughing, occasionally yelling, and there were kids. Yes, they were constantly funneling alcohol to the adults. No, it didn't feel like Panama City Beach on spring break. If you ask me, it's just snobs being snobs. My wife and I have grey hairs at heart, and we never once felt like loud people were ruining our relaxing day.