Getaway or Epic

m2dd's

Help me decide please? The getaway is only $50 per person more($200 for 4 of us). Both cabins will be inside GTY and dates and ports work for both ships. SO I don't know how to decide:confused:. We were on the breakaway about a year and half ago. We have 2 kids with us who are 11 and 14 and never use kids club if that info can help decide at all.

TIA

When are you looking to go? I believe the last two weeks the Epic is in Miami, the entertainment will be different. The contract for Blue Man Group is up, so something else may be starting then or they may be filling the entertainment gap with something else.

We chose the Epic for this year's cruise because it is going to Europe. We knew we'd have a chance to sail the Getaway to the Caribbean in the near future.

We really can't make up our mind:confused:

We are going the last week in march so the 28/29 sailing.

I just looked and there is an April 5th sailing out of Miami than the April 12th goes to Spain.

So do you think no Blue man group for my sailing? If so I guess that helps and will choose the getaway.Since BMG was something we wanted to see.

Edited by m2dd's

We really can't make up our mind:confused:

We are going the last week in march so the 28/29 sailing.

I just looked and there is an April 5th sailing out of Miami than the April 12th goes to Spain.

So do you think no Blue man group for my sailing? If so I guess that helps and will choose the getaway.Since BMG was something we wanted to see.

3/29--last cruise with Blue Man Grp. http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/epic/whats-on-board/entertainment?stop_mobi=yes

The April 12, cruise returns to Miami on the 19th then heads for Spain.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

are your kids at least 100lbs? I only ask so that they can experience the "whip it" water slide...otherwise, my kids like the epic plunge (or that orange toilet bowl slide).

as per the rooms/layouts - I found the GA better.

Either case, I didnt like the freestyle dining - spent the extra on the UDP.

We've done the Epic twice and Getaway once. Overall I like the openness of the Getaway over the Epic.

I couldn't tell if you are getting 2 cabins or 1 if you are all sharing a room the bathroom situation of the Epic can be a little awkward.

If it is the last Blue Man, and you have never seen them, I might be tempted to do the Epic.

Either way, you will have a great time!