FLL to POM Shuttle or Car Service with Grocery Stop?

goeva

I see many good recommendation of shuttle services from FLL to POM for a very reasonable price. I was wondering if there is shuttle or car service offer grocery stop.

I'd prefer using car service instead of rental car.

Thank you!

Go Airport used to offer car service from FLL to POM or downtown Miami for about $90+tip - I suspect they would be happy to make a quick stop.

A taxi on the same route will be about $75-80 on the meter and the driver will be happy to stop (and keep the meter running :o) while you shop.

Unless you are arriving very early in the morning or the day before your cruise I would not mess around with a rental; IMHO it is not worth the hassle. If you do rent a car National, Alamo and Thrifty offer free shuttles to POM from their MIA airport location; Avis & Budget are located in downtown Miami only a $12 or so cab ride from the port.

• 2 weeks later...

I have rented a car with budget and their location near the port is a real mess. When we returned to the POM, we were unable to get to that location by cab because it was a race weekend and all streets around there were closed. We ended up taking a cab to FLL and then getting a rental car from there (transferring the reservation) so we could shop for the day before our flight out. The budget location near the port is a real nightmare. They cannot handle the crowd. I too thought this was a good idea. I was so very very wrong. I will never do this again.

As long as you aren't using a shared shuttle service, most likely for a quick stop you shouldn't have worries. however, when you book the car service I'd double check. They might have a busy schedule and won't allow more than a 10 min stop or whatever. I wouldn't rent a car just for a ride to the store and port. Just too much of a hassle even if costs were comparable..