Current Chops/Giovani's Table Menus

Raxter54

I really use to like Portifino as I use to love the seafood skewer! Now that Adventure Of The Seas have Giovanni's rather than Portifino I have a question of the people who use to like Portifino and have now tried Giovanni's.

Do you now prefer Giovanni's or do you really miss Portifino?

and.... Since I have made a reservation for Giovanni's on my upcoming Adventure cruise, have I set myself up for disappointment and will be longing for the days of Portifino?

If you do go to Chops, order the larger steak.

As someone mentioned, the soup and the appetizers were amazing and really a grade above the dining room offerings. Everyone else at our 8 person table ordered the larger steaks, and they were good to excellent. I ordered the 6 oz Strip, since I knew I was never going to eat that much... and it looked like they cut the 12 oz in half vertically. Very thin, overdone leathery piece of meat. Fortunately I was full by then.

And skip the dessert and order a second helping of the mushroom soup :D It was delicious!

I really use to like Portifino as I use to love the seafood skewer! Now that Adventure Of The Seas have Giovanni's rather than Portifino I have a question of the people who use to like Portifino and have now tried Giovanni's.

Do you now prefer Giovanni's or do you really miss Portifino?

and.... Since I have made a reservation for Giovanni's on my upcoming Adventure cruise, have I set myself up for disappointment and will be longing for the days of Portifino?

We were huge fans of Portofino and were disappointed that it would be gone when we went on the Adventure in December. We booked the first night at Giovanni's to give it a chance and we were blown away - our service and food were both better than they had been at Portofino and didn't miss it one bit! We were happy we'd booked the first night because that gave us time to try it a second time. :)

Will probably try Giovanni's for the first time on our Grandeur cruise this summer. Have been to Chops and the Carnival Steakhouse and thought that the Carnival steakhouse was superior. I too have a bit of an issue with Chops charging a double upcharge!