Grandeur Compass

Ken Greco

Thank you so much for posting those ship pics and the Cruise Compass!! I was especially happy to see the Teen Activities...will be cruising in November with my 14 & 12 year olds. This is our first time on RC, it seems the teen activities and schedules are similar to Carnival.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I have them for last fall. Anything specific I can look up for you?

When is the Captain's Reception? What night and what time? Also do you remember when the Welcome Back Reception was? Thanks!

The Captain's Welcome Aboard reception is day 2 (formal night) from 7 to 8pm in the Centrum. (It was designed to be between the first and second MDR seatings.)

The Welcome Back reception was not published in the Cruise Compass. It instead was a separate document left in the stateroom with details.

You can find the Cruise Compass for all 7 days of my trip to the Bahamas on May 29th on Grandeur at:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B89c6eO-OgImfkI0VndqLVdEbTBaVWx0YTRIeVFiaE1kemhWU2JscThaR0tQTllrdkdhNk0&usp=sharing

Hope that helps!

Moeferg, the Canada/NE cruise was one of our favorites, we really enjoyed Bar Harbor and Halifax, and both those towns are great to just explore on your own. We went up to the top of Cadillac Mountain, which was unbelievable in its beauty!

I didn't quite enjoy the town of Portland as much, we ended up going to the LL bean outlet which was interesting for outdoors people. The Bay of Fundy was beautiful, but the tour we went on was just so so. We went on a whale watching tour in Halifax but did not see any whales there (but the tour was fun anyway), although we saw some minske (sp) whales alongside the Grandeur as we left.

I do have to say the Canada/NE tour we took, in September, had the most mature cruisers onboard as we have ever encountered. We are in our 50s and there were only a few passengers our age or younger. Made us feel quite young!

• 3 weeks later...

"Chipmoose, which tour did you take in St. John?"

We went on "St Martins and the Bay of Fundy" tour.

Our guide was very good and she lived very close to the fishing village of St. Martins, so she had added some neat local stories. The fishing village itself was the highlight of the trip. The reversing falls--I think we could have bypassed that portion of the tour altogether. Although we stopped there twice on the trip, we really did not see a pronounced reverse of the current, as our timing was not right. We also stopped at a large city market which was ok. But the tour was a lot of riding around, with for me at least, the only bang for the buck coming at the fishing village of St. Martins, which we only stayed for an hour or so.

Edited by Chipmoose