Clothing onboard?

Big Stevie

Well if you're not a larger lady or gent by the end of a cruise then you're certainly not getting value for money :D

I only take my bikini for the second half of holiday when I have expanded my waistline far too much to squeeze into my swimming costume (release the muffin top!)

Plus I can't wait to see the folk in Swimwear around the pool with knee high socks and lace up shoes! Long live the flip flop :D

Well if you're not a larger lady or gent by the end of a cruise then you're certainly not getting value for money :D

I only take my bikini for the second half of holiday when I have expanded my waistline far too much to squeeze into my swimming costume (release the muffin top!)

Plus I can't wait to see the folk in Swimwear around the pool with knee high socks and lace up shoes! Long live the flip flop :D

Be careful what you wish for!! One guy on our cruise wore khaki shorts, knee length matching socks, the only things missing were a pith helmet and a swagger stick with which to beat the natives, or folks like us i.e" a bold peasantry" H/T Mr Goldsmith.

So...

Day clothes to wear around the ship

Clothes to wear when ashore

Clothes to wear for smart casual nights

Clothes to wear for formal nights

Flip flops for out and about/during the day aboard

Sandals/comfy flatish shoes for casual nights

Heels for formal nights

Water shoes and trainers for any lively excursions

Boots/winter shoes for the return to UK

Mine came to 23kilos this time! :eek: I MUST must try to cut down next year:D

There should be height/weight ratio limits for passengers.

Having read others opinions and comments regarding flip flops, it would appear that I am in a minority regarding their use by people on cruises.

I have given the matter much thought, over several nights, over several chats with my friends, and over several glasses of vino.

Its not the people, it is the flip flops.

It must trigger bad memories for me, but when I think about Flip Flops, i think of very large ladies and the clip clop sound. Maybe it came from one of my nannies when I was little. I cannot tell, but it is something from my childhood.

On our summer vacations, my nanny would wear flip flops with a big large towel wrapped around her, just like a robe.

I have just come to realise that this dislike of flip flops stems from my childhood.

I am ever so grateful to have discovered this.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn has a soft spot and is a lovely Lady

I think very large ladies like flip flops as they are put on without the need to bend down.

One could say the same about slip ons, or even slippers...

But I do understand where you are coming from.

I am at a loss to understand if all wearers of flip flops are the Larger lady, as has been mentioned by other posters.

I think i may recall some younger slimmer women wearing Flip Flops also, but that may have been a bad dream.

It is unique.

I am a wounded soul, thinking of my many contributions to the many threads on CC.

Most appreciate my excellent knowledge and insights into the world of cruising.

Some are jealous of my looks and charming personality, and are threatened by this.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn has a big heart, and is now wounded by the nasty things people have said

Be careful what you wish for!! One guy on our cruise wore khaki shorts, knee length matching socks, the only things missing were a pith helmet and a swagger stick with which to beat the natives, or folks like us i.e" a bold peasantry" H/T Mr Goldsmith.

...and one on ours on QE wore a kilt playing deck quoits on a windy day.....

...no, he didn't ...:eek: