MSC Divina - cabin with 2 toddlers?

tampagirl2

We are thinking of cruising on this ship in September. My parents are already booked in an Oceanview cabin.

We recently just got back from a Royal Carribbean cruise and had a great time! We had 3 rooms next to each other - all oceanview. My parents next to us and then we had 2 connecting rooms for the 4 of us. It worked out great having one pack n play in each room.

I don't see this option on Divina. It looks like all the connecting rooms are balconies? I also see kids are free on MSC, so one room for the 4 of us may make sense. My son will be almost 3 by then, so may be able to sleep in a bed, but not a bunk bed. My daughter will be 19 months old, so still sleeping in a crib. I'm thinking maybe a balcony room? It looks like these rooms have couches that maybe my son can sleep on and daughter can sleep in pack n play or whatever is offered? Will this work? Any help is appreciated!!

I have a toddler (will be 3.5 when we cruise) so I was exploring lots of options too. We booked an OV room. We couldn't swing a balcony...Love balcony rooms...We had a previous cruise with a balcony. If you can swing it book a balcony. You guys can go on the balcony when they are napping & bedtime. If you want your son to use the the pull out couch it is going to be pretty crowded with pack n play & pull out couch. I was thinking of going to buy those plastic/mesh rail and bring for the bunk bed... There is a small railing but I want to extend. Heaven forbid he/she falls they just land right on top of you!! LOL I think we'd have a hard time keeping our son on the couch plus more room. The OV bunk bed pulls out from the ceiling and right on top of the right side of the big bed. Ha! Also, the kiddie club is FREE and basically all day for 3+ years old. Under 3 I believe there are only 2 hours a day (2 separate times) but an open play with parents/kids. I am not going to put our child in camp the entire day but on occasion...mainly for dinner, etc.... Hope this helps...If you have any suggestions of cruising when a toddler I'd appreciate it too. This is our first cruise with our child! :)

Thanks for your response! I just booked a balcony - I guess I can always try to change it if I need to. I was really thinking he could sleep on the couch without actually pulling it out. I've seen others suggest the couch on other lines. One can always sleep in my parents' room if it's too tight.

We have booked 8014 - any info on this room?

I guess I may need to start a new thread?

Regarding tips for toddlers. We brought a portable DVD player that kept him entertained in the Main Dining Room. We also bought magnetic hooks and a shower curtain to divide the room at nap time.

Thanks for your response! I just booked a balcony - I guess I can always try to change it if I need to. I was really thinking he could sleep on the couch without actually pulling it out. I've seen others suggest the couch on other lines. One can always sleep in my parents' room if it's too tight.

Regarding tips for toddlers. We brought a portable DVD player that kept him entertained in the Main Dining Room. We also bought magnetic hooks and a shower curtain to divide the room at nap time.

8014 will have an enclosed metal balcony , a bit like a window without the glass .

It will be 192 sq ft with a balcony of 42 sq ft

LIKE THIS

I'd worry about them climbing on the metal struts

coutesy of cruisetrail

balconyinhull.jpg

Much better a glass balcony

lIke this

P1020628-1_zpsce4fb204.jpg

Ugh! Thank you for that! Unfortunately they said this was the last cabin left on Deck 8 with the double sofa. My parents are already booked on Deck 8 in an Oceanview. I guess it will have to do. That's disappointing. I don't mind being on a different deck I guess, but the other decks look like the Fantastica package that is more expensive. Any suggestions?

Ugh! Thank you for that! Unfortunately they said this was the last cabin left on Deck 8 with the double sofa. My parents are already booked on Deck 8 in an Oceanview. I guess it will have to do. That's disappointing. I don't mind being on a different deck I guess, but the other decks look like the Fantastica package that is more expensive. Any suggestions?

if you want a BELLA Balcony, there are 9 cabins on the stern on deck 13.

BUT they have 2 problems:-

1) they don't show up as having extra beds but you may be able to have cots put in, (they may say no to that idea)

2) they have a minute juliette balcony.

Failing that it will have to be 8014 or fantastica experience.

DECk 13 JuLiette balcony

P1020631-1.jpg

Sorry but that's all i can come up with

Pete

Edited by Skier52

You are right... Your child could totally sleep on the couch without pulling it out! Just put a nice big clean sheet down.. LOL :) A portable DVD player is a great idea. We have that...We don't have an ipad. Yesssss I was trying to come up with a way to divide the room. I wish this ship like RCCL had room dividers! Boo! GREAT tip! Thanks!!

Thank you, Pete! You are extremely helpful. I just did mock booking on website to see what was available. It looks like all of the Bella balconies with double sofa beds are booked (I must have gotten the last one!). IF we decide to do the Fantastica balcony, it is giving me options on Deck 10. Do you know if any of these have that weird balcony like we are currently booked in? I'd hate to pay more and end up with the same thing :) Thanks for all your help!!

Thank you, Pete! You are extremely helpful. I just did mock booking on website to see what was available. It looks like all of the Bella balconies with double sofa beds are booked (I must have gotten the last one!). IF we decide to do the Fantastica balcony, it is giving me options on Deck 10. Do you know if any of these have that weird balcony like we are currently booked in? I'd hate to pay more and end up with the same thing :) Thanks for all your help!!

Yes there are

on the starboard side :-10010/12/14/16/20/24/28/32/36 and at the stern 10250

on the port side:- 10009/10011/13/15/21/25/29/33/37 and at the stern 10267.

Pete

Thank you so much! You are SOOO helpful!!!

Thank you for the compliment.

I'm sorry to say that as of tommorow i'm "off line" until 2nd March, enjoying the my favourite pastime, SKIING, so I won't be around if you have any more questions.

If nobody else answers them for you I'll see what I can do in 11 days time.

Good luck with your cabin choice

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thank you for the compliment.

I'm sorry to say that as of tommorow i'm "off line" until 2nd March, enjoying the my favourite pastime, SKIING, so I won't be around if you have any more questions.

If nobody else answers them for you I'll see what I can do in 11 days time.

Good luck with your cabin choice

Pete

Well enjoy your trip! It looks like 10048, 10056, 10228, 10237 are available. Still trying to decide if it's even worth the extra money. I'm guessing these all have normal balconies from your post. We are doing Mediterranean cruise if that matters.

Well enjoy your trip! It looks like 10048, 10056, 10228, 10237 are available. Still trying to decide if it's even worth the extra money. I'm guessing these all have normal balconies from your post. We are doing Mediterranean cruise if that matters.

If you do choose one of these cabins I'd choose an even number (starboard side) as the day at sea is Barcelona to Naples, so the sun should be on your balcony. the port side will have no sun at all on that day.

That was just a suggestion as you may refer shade for the children.

All the cabins have good positions, the higher number 10237 is easier to get to the MDR which may be useful with toddlers. it may depend a bit on where you other family are as to yur eventual choice.

check whether you get any drinks package with the fantastica experience because that may make a difference.

Pete