Friend of Sagrada Familia

cruz.n.carebear

Hello!

In 2013, our cruise stopped in Barcelona. Based on recommendations here, I joined the "Friends of Sagrada" and we skipped the lines and saved a ton of money. We are going back this summer, and this morning when I went back to look at getting them again I noticed that it said "residents only" for the family ones. Does anyone know if this has recently changed? Or are we still able to get the Friends of Sagrada family membership being in the States?

They changed the family membership in 2013 - obviously after your visit. It is now only available to residents of Spain.

At the same time they changed the two free ticket benefit. It is now only available from the second year of membership.

They realised that people were visiting Barcelona and getting 6 admissions (family of 4 plus 2 free tickets) for a total of €38 instead of €19.30 each.

Hello!

In 2013, our cruise stopped in Barcelona. Based on recommendations here, I joined the "Friends of Sagrada" and we skipped the lines and saved a ton of money. We are going back this summer, and this morning when I went back to look at getting them again I noticed that it said "residents only" for the family ones. Does anyone know if this has recently changed? Or are we still able to get the Friends of Sagrada family membership being in the States?

You might be able to renew your "friends" membership. When our year was up, they sent us an email about renewal. We did. I suggest you email them at amics@sagradafamilia.org. They usually reply within two days.

Hopefully that will work. If not, and if you qualify as a senior, you can get two "reduced" memberships for 20 euros each. These are not limited to Spain residents.

Edited by marazul