Embarkation on Azura?

BigJH

Is there a set pattern for embarkation on Azura, ie do certain decks / grades of cabin, get allocated earlier or later times?

Cheers

Jason

Hi Jason,

I'm not 100% sure but I think you may find that (excluding suite passengers etc who normally get allocated a midday embarkation time) the higher up the decks you are the earlier boarding time you get.

The reason for this conclusion is that when I was on Azura last year hubby & I booked a Superior Deluxe stateroom on D deck on opening day (select fare or whatever it was called last year).

We then treated my parents to the same cruise (a balcony stateroom) but on a 'saver fare' basis. My Parents were eventually allocated a stateroom on B deck.

When we got our e-tickets their check in time was 2 hours earlier than ours!!

Thankfully, we were all able to check in together, at their allocated time, which I believe was 12.30pm.

Hope this helps.

Joan

Thanks for your reply. We too have booked a superior deluxe on D deck, so would imagine we will get similar, if not the same, boarding times as you had. Cheers

Hi Jason,

Just bear in mind that the 12.30pm embarkation time was that of my parents & not ours.:(

I believe ours was stated as either 3pm or 3.30pm; however, I'm sure if you arrive earlier it won't be a problem.

Have a great cruise.

It's not a problem if you arrive early - some passengers will have an early allocated time but be arriving on one of the coaches which will not be at the terminal until around 2pm so they won't be able to keep to their slot.

If you arrive about 11.30 you should be on board having lunch by 12.30.

• 4 months later...

Check in will open soon after 11.30, at least on the larger ships and despite having say a 3pm check in time i have been aboard shortly after noon. The buffet will be open and is not a bun fight in my experience.

The check-in times are advisory as there are lots of reasons why people will arrive early or late.

there is no boarding 'by deck'