reasonable time for return flight from SJU

hilltopfamily

Hi guys, hope I can find some help with this one. We're trying to book flights in/out of San Juan for our Adventure of the Seas cruise Oct. 16th. (People with me were not in a position to book air previously....hope we aren't in for major sticker shock now with all the recent events!) What would be a reasonable flight time out of San Juan? I've only driven to port on my cruises thus far, so this will be the 1st time I've had to consider flight times w/disembarkation times. Should we book nothing prior to 1:00 PM? 2:00? Is 1:00 even reasonable in San Juan? I understand that airport is hit hard on disembarkation days. Thanks for any advice you may have on this! :)

If it is an option try flying in the night before, if you have to fly in the day of I would book the earliest flight. Leaving San Juan I would try for flights around 2 or 3pm. The airport is very chaotic on disembarkation of the cruiseships. Also if you have the option stay one extra day.

AA currently has RT airfare for $631 per person (plus taxes and fees) out of Omaha for your cruise dates. It has you leaving Omaha at 6:05am and arriving at 3:42p and on the return leaving SJU at 12:25p and arriving back in Omaha at 9:55p. At $654 per person, you could have a return flight leaving at 2:13p and arriving back in Omaha at 9:55.

I searched Omaha and surrounding airports since your profile says Nebraska, but if you want to search for yourself, I used Kayak.com for the search.

Also, I would definitely recommend booking NOW, as those prices may be gone by tomorrow as some people are predicting jet fuel shortages.

thanks very much for the ideas and input. I'll go to Kayak.com right now and do some searching. We were planning on coming in the day before our cruise and spending the night in San Juan. What we were unsure about was whether we would be able to get a flight back home to Nebraska for a reasonable cost on the day we disembark (and what the earliest flight time was that we should consider) or if we'd need to stay in San Juan that day also and fly back home bright and early the next AM. Thanks to you guys for replying with some good thoughts/ideas. Feel free to post hints on any other good websites for pricing air fare! I know of United.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, and Expedia but if you know of other good sites to check out, I'd appreciate hearing about them :)

Kayak will search multiple sites for you, as I think Sidestep does as well. On the staying over an extra night, just make sure before you book the airfare for the next day that you have found a hotel room with a reasonable price. As I'm sure you've already found out, San Juan hotels aren't exactly inexpensive. I'd hate for you to stay another night because of cheaper airfare and then have to spend all your savings on a hotel.

Archived