Booking multiple staterooms with minors question

JMHAM1

I checked the Carnival website and found the following. However, the site will not let me do a booking. At the time of sailing, I would ideally like a balcony for myself, hubby and our 5 year old. Then across the hall in cabin 2: The boys...17, 14, 13 and in cabin 3 right next to cabin 2: The girls....15 and 12. The way I am reading it we should be ok with that configuration even if we had to book one adult in one of the inside rooms. Does anyone have any experience doing this? I don't want to hear why we shouldn't, just want to hear real experiences. We have cruised 4 to a cabin in suites on NCL which are very large cabins and have a curtain and/or door between the sleeping areas for privacy.

Terms & Conditions: Minor Policy (Guests under the age of 21)

Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older

The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian

The bookings must be cross-referenced with the guardian’s stateroom and documented properly

Guests 12 and younger

If the relative or guardian insist on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony cabin without a relative/guardian.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from their relative or guardian.

Edited by JMHAM1
Carnival Policy not pasted properly

I checked the Carnival website and found the following. However, the site will not let me do a booking. At the time of sailing, I would ideally like a balcony for myself, hubby and our 5 year old. Then across the hall in cabin 2: The boys...17, 14, 13 and in cabin 3 right next to cabin 2: The girls....15 and 12. The way I am reading it we should be ok with that configuration even if we had to book one adult in one of the inside rooms. Does anyone have any experience doing this? I don't want to hear why we shouldn't, just want to hear real experiences. We have cruised 4 to a cabin in suites on NCL which are very large cabins and have a curtain and/or door between the sleeping areas for privacy.

Terms & Conditions: Minor Policy (Guests under the age of 21)

Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older

The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian

The bookings must be cross-referenced with the guardian’s stateroom and documented properly

Guests 12 and younger

If the relative or guardian insist on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony cabin without a relative/guardian.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from their relative or guardian.

When our boys were younger, we used to always book them in an inside cabin across the hall from our balcony. We did NOT have to book one adult and one son per cabin.

Like others stated, call Carnival and book over the phone.

I agree that the issue is probably since the 12 year old is next door. swap the boys and girls so the 12 year old is directly across and you should be fine. y husband and I booked two cabins next to eachother when we cruised two years ago (kids were 9-11-12-15) and to make it easier, we just booked one adult per cabin and got extra keys made when we got on board. Enjoy your cruise! I am sure you will have a blast!