Tampa Check in for First timer

CruisingSnooter

I just got an email from Carnival reminding me the my check in time is 1-3pm. I dont have FTTF; it's sold out. I have heard from so many people on here that they just show up around 11am without FTTF or diamond status and they are on board by noonish eating lunch. Is this the case? I want to make the most of my day on the ship, but don't want to be denied boarding or sit around until 1pm...:confused::o;)

We have cruised out of Tampa 2 times with the last time being last week.

We had FTTF this last time and it was great. A lot depends on if you are parking at the port or parking at one of the parking lots and being shuttled over.

The Tampa port is known to be a pain because the port police or authorities don't want passengers to start coming to the port for embarkation until they get everyone cleared out from debarkation.

We parked with the Parking Doctors and they told us if we wanted to go early they might have to let us out on the other side of the parking deck and we would have to walk through the deck and go on to the port area, but as it turned out he was picking up a handicapped passenger that was debarking and was able to let us out right at the entrance to the port building.

We arrived about 10:45 or so and were on the ship by around 11:30.

My advice would be if you want to go early, go. Worse case is that you'll get checked in and have to wait until they call your zone, but the earlier you go, the better zone number you'll have and the quicker you'll get on the ship.

Have fun!

Although we have cruised from many ports (Tampa once being 3 months ago)...all cruise lines will tell you to show up at _____ time. However, you will find that people never go by that and show up whenever they want (either early or late hoping to miss the "crowd" for whatever philosophy they have).

I myself always show up for just about every cruise around 11am and have never really encountered much of a line. They seem to move pretty quickly. :)