Decline in quality??

allen.crawford

Guest Celestia
One of my pet peeves in life.

When a twenty something year old looks at my charge card name, my check I've written at a register, someone calling to sell me something and calling me............

"Jane"......in place of Mrs. Doe, Ms. Doe......

What is with Jane? That girl at the register is not my friend. Wasn't she taught any courtesy? I really, really dislike that familiarity. It's rude and unprofessional IMO

Arrrrgh! I detest this and it seems to be everywhere. And it is so very obvious in my case, where my given name is not the first name on my ID...so these fake 'friends' are not even addressing me by the name my real friends use!

Then there's the drive-up bank teller, who persists in calling me 'David'. Yes, that's the individual name printed on the deposit slip, just below the company name. Yet it is very obvious this young man has never bothered to take a look at the driver of the car that shows up three times a week, week after week for over 15 years....

My personal congratulations to all those celebrating 're-birthdays', as a good friend of mine calls his!

FW&FS,

Celestia

whose nieces and nephews know to call her 'Auntie'

The is one thing worse than being called by your first name and that is called HONEY or DEAR.......

I am a nurse and nurses are the world's worst offenders for this. Personally I ask each patient how they want to be addressed when I start caring for them. 90% will say call me by (my first name). But that is their choice.

I spent 6 months in a hospital and rehab and I swore that I would never call anyone honey again and I don't.

Jim

Archived