carnival spirit getting 2.0

kybluecruiser

Here's a proper link to the article, since the original poster did not format it correctly for Cruise Critic's system:

Click here to read the article at seatrade-insider.com

This will be a great thing for Carnival Spirit! I hope this is something we'll eventually see for the entire Spirit-class.

• 1 month later...

After just returning back on the Carnival Spirit from the 18/03/2015 12 Night itinerary, I can say I hope they address more than just the new items.

The spirit has dated very poorly since my last cruise in 2013, her deck chairs are faded and frayed, the lido buffet's chairs and tables are in the same deteriorated condition, the spa bath's have fibreglass hanging out everywhere from overuse, the hand rails lacquer is peeling in all the stair wells we used, the gym equipment is practically ready to be thrown out, the touch screens don't work and the handle buttons are torn off...

I could go on and on, but alls I can say is I'd want to see proof of refurbishment, rather than simple upgrades, before I took another cruise on the Spirit.

my 2c

Matt