Wish Jade had one more port stop!

tidygirl

I am currently booked on a cruise out of Venice with a different line. I checked on the Jades cruise and the price would be around $2000 cheaper! The only problem is the family votes to go with the one that has the most port stops! They feel like if we pay the price for airfares from the US we should see as much as possible!

I wonder why the Jade don't have one more stop? I sure wish they would!

What port are you getting on the other line that the Jade does not have? We, too, like maximize our ports as seeing the world is why we cruise. We want to see Istanbul but have done most of the other ports on the Gem a few years ago. At one time we thought we'd try a Black Sea cruise as it went to places we hadn't been before, but it looks like that is not to be. We did the Jade's Rome itinerary, traveling with family. Had we been by ourselves, we would have done the back to back which included Istanbul and Greek Isles plus the longer one we took that had LOTS of ports.

We have found the Jade an exceptional value for cruising the Med. Check dates and see if there's a back to back that would meet your needs....if you aren't locked into a specific air itinerary already.

Enjoy your trip!

I am currently booked on a cruise out of Venice with a different line. I checked on the Jades cruise and the price would be around $2000 cheaper! The only problem is the family votes to go with the one that has the most port stops! They feel like if we pay the price for airfares from the US we should see as much as possible!

I wonder why the Jade don't have one more stop? I sure wish they would!

If you are talking about Jade's 7-night itineraries from Venice, they are alternating meaning that they have planned the itineraries so that they compliment each other and people can have a nice 14-night cruise with one day in Venice in between.

EDIT: Also, sea days are more profitable to the cruise line than port days.. ;)

Edited by Demonyte

We will be doing Kotor, Monenegro, Corfu, Athens, Mykonos and Agrostoli Greece. Would love to see Ephesus but that will have to go on my to do list.

5 stops and only 1 sea day is what we like.

The itinerary we were looking at is the 7 day out of Venice.

We are bringing 3 young adult "kids" and unfortunately they only have 1 week of vacation! I did tell them someday I'd like to do a 2 week trip as I feel like I'm getting more of my moneys worth!

You will find that long, hot excursion days in the Med. are very tiring (if you make the most of the day). After three days on the run you will welcome a sea day. We tend to look at itineraries with no more than three consecutive port days (though we are getting on a little now and have been to many of the standard Med ports at least once).

5 ports and one sea day will be hard work.

We will be doing Kotor, Monenegro, Corfu, Athens, Mykonos and Agrostoli Greece. Would love to see Ephesus but that will have to go on my to do list.

5 stops and only 1 sea day is what we like.

The itinerary we were looking at is the 7 day out of Venice.

We are bringing 3 young adult "kids" and unfortunately they only have 1 week of vacation! I did tell them someday I'd like to do a 2 week trip as I feel like I'm getting more of my moneys worth!

Send the adult kids back home by themselves and you can continue on

We were fortunate to do 2 and 3week European trips with all 4 of the kids and glad we did it before they were out of school and subject to " real jobs"

When they were in high school I would actually give them 18 months notice that they couldn't work a particular summer because we were off to Europe so they needed to save their money now as they were taking a summer off from work to travel!! Lol

Btw they all like to work.... And love to travel...so we compromise

Hopefully we are back to Europe in 2016 but reality beckons and I have already told them that they should start to plan for it by working more the summer of 2015 as they all kick in for airfare when they travel be it family or school travel

If they can't make the entire trip I am encouraging them to at least join us for the cruise portion

Our 15 yo will be with us the entire time of course and if we are lucky the college kid too. The other 2 may fly home alone.

Good luck with your planning

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

You will find that long, hot excursion days in the Med. are very tiring

5 ports and one sea day will be hard work.

We just did a 5 day port and one sea day out of Barcelona in Sept and we do ok We definitely sleep good at night.

The families motto is who needs sleep on vacation you can do that at home!

They did catch a picture of mom and dad zonked out on the train as we just couldn't stay awake! LOL