Oasis questions?

jamesr3939

James, thanks for the cabana info. Would you also report back if the suites have pool towels in the room or if they are on the chairs in the sundeck area. I know on Indy we just flashed the gold card and they gave us towels at the towel desk without having to check them out. Each ship seems to be different though.

We were In a crown loft on the Oasis in January and there was pool towels on the balcony loungers. There were also towels available on the Suite Deck which you did not have to check out. The Cabanas on BB also contain towels.

On my upcoming July cruise- MTD was the only option. What is the dress code now with the MTD? Do they still have formal/semi-formal nights? Thanks

MTD follows the same dress code as traditional dining:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqType=faq

I sent the concierge an Email four weeks out requesting two specific cabanas (S2 & S3) under my reservation and my brother's reservation. I didn't hear anything back right away and was set to Email again at one week. However, he Emailed me back at two weeks confirming S4 & S5.

Can you let us know what you thought of S4? I have that one reserved at the end of the month. Thanks!

Just some quick observations and answers as I will post more when we return home.

No pool towels you have to pick them up at the pool deck. No card scans just take as many as you want.

OS does have plugs on either side of the bed behind the night stands. Plus two more on the desk a few feet away from the right side of the bed.

The menu for CK posted above is mostly correct. But we just ate there a few minutes ago and were told there is a new menu coming out on Thursday. They will be alternating between the old one and new one during the week.

Not done MTD yet. Main dinning room was a disaster last night for formal. We are traveling with my brother and his kids. We decided last night might be the only night we would all eat together. So my brother made reservations for 13 at 6:15. We had two tables 664 and 665. Good thing we had table numbers.

So some show up early and get seated. Four of us show up and give them the cabin numbers, names, and even the table numbers. Guy has the deer in head light look while punching numbers into the computer, can't find any reservation. Finally we see the kids at the tables so we just walk on past the guy and go to our table. BTW: there was a table next to us set for 14.

Being spring break the ship is full. Finding a deck lounger would be bad after 1000 on sea day. Luckly it's not an issue on the suites sun deck.

Buffet on Labadee is good, but no more lobster.

SL/CK has been mostly empty after 7:30 PM. We walked right in tonight and were seated immediately by the window. Breakfast today in CK was off the menu or you could buffet over on the SL side. Free cocktails are 5:30 to 8:30.

As for drink package prices and cost effective. A call mixed drink with tip is $14. So buying the package does seem to make sense.

Edited by jamesr3939

Thanks Bob, that is the case on Quantum, I wasn't sure if it was the same on Oasis.

When Coastal Kitchen was announced for Quantum, they said guests in Junior Suites and above would have access. When CK was announced for Oasis, they said Grand Suites and above would have access. I don't know if it's changed for Quantum.

Towels have shown up on the suite sun deck. Big stack on chair by the bar. The bar up here doesn't open until late afternoon so you have to hoof it down a deck and hit a pool bar. Yesterday it didn't open until 2:00 but that was a port day. Hopefully it will open earlier today. As of 1100 not open. Gues I will have to take a walk. We were able to snag one of four cabanas yesterday on suite sun deck. But being in port there was no breeze.

Did Chops last night and it was outstanding. Peter our waiter was awesome. Observations on Windjammer is at peak times big lines out the door just to get in. We did Sabor on first sea day and at 2:00 we walked right in with only three tables full. Food as previously report was outstanding and cheap.

CK does a decent breakfast. The flat bread is very good. Eggs benedict OK. Bar is not open so no Bloody Mary with breakfast. SL side only had breads and cereal.

Aqua show was last night and is outstanding. We flaked on the comedy show but we're told it and the ice show are excellent.

We love the OS only downside is the shower is pretty small. Where as the shower in my brother's CLS you could host a cocktail party in. OS does have a huge tub with handheld shower.

Speaking of, we hosted a cocktail party in our OS for the 13 in our group. We did it on sail away from FLL. We had open bar two servers and more food than we could eat. It was for two hours. RCCL Food and Beverage went over the top on this and the price was very reasonable. If anybody is interested let me know I can give you the information and who to email. You can email the concierge which is where I start but ended with group services. Christine and Eleana did a great job keeping the party happy as did the two bar tenders.

As stated Internet is blazing fast and we have FaceTime twice and text often both on ship and off ship. We are in process buying new house so it's been great to be able to Esign and review docs in real time.

Our next cruise is on Oasis. We have booked an Owners Suite. I am wondering if there are outlets by the bed. My husband sleeps with a cpap machine. Do we need to bring extension cords? Thanks for any help.

The other advice is good, but from a CPAP user that travels alot:

1 - I always travel with an extension cord. You never know if you will be stuck in a hotel somewhere, or the ship runs out of cords, etc.

2 - Distilled water is great, but not required. We travel often and even use tap water. The water onboard is even better. But, if you can get the distilled, then even better.

3 - On all the cruises below, we have never notified the ship in advance.

When Coastal Kitchen was announced for Quantum, they said guests in Junior Suites and above would have access. When CK was announced for Oasis, they said Grand Suites and above would have access. I don't know if it's changed for Quantum.

We were on the March 1 sailing and were in a Spa JS and ate in Coastal. We are Pinnacle so I am not sure if that was the reason. We really enjoyed the food & excellent service from the crew. Many have left to join the Anthem.

Hi There

Going on my first Oasis voyage next month and I have a question ...not very important, but asking anyway since you are offering info ...did you happen to notice if they have waffles for breakfast?...if so are they found in the Windjammer or any of the other locations offering breakfast....I've sailed on Celebrity for my last few cruises and waffles were a hot topic for a while on their forums believe it or not...just love them and only indulge on vacation ...so just wondering..:)

We were on the Oasis from Feb 21-29 (last month) and yes, you can find waffles in the Windjammer but they are not 'fresh' (made in front of you).

No specific waffle station like some other ships. They also had waffles in the MDR, along with pancakes and the likes that were pretty good. There is also a buffet in the MDR for breakfast that I know had pancakes, can't remember if there were waffles as well. I would suggest the waffles off the breakfast menu in the MDR since the waffles in the Windjammer were pretty dried out.