New Orleans...Leave A Message Of Support!

Bcoll

This board is in honor of all the people who have lost everything they own in the worst natural disaster in United States history. These people have shown such courage and such strength, that we could all benefit from them if we just took a break out of our day and saw what they are going through. The point of this board is so people can leave messages of support, prayers, bible verses, or anything that shows that Royal Caribbean Cruisers care for the less fortunate Americans...God bless all of those affected by Hurrican Katrina...

Our prayers are with everyone still in New Orleans, and also with Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, everyone who has been effected by the worst natural disaster in US history.

After hearing Fat's Domino was still in New Orleans though the only thing I could think of was his great hit, "Walking to New Orleans"

This time I'm walking to New Orleans

I'm walking to New Orleans

I'm walking to New Orleans

I'm gonna need two pairs of shoes

when I get through walking me blues

when I get back to N. O.

I've got my suitcase in my hand

now ain't that a shame.

I'm leaving here today

yes

I'm going back home to stay.

Yes

I'm walking to N. O.

You used to be my honey

till you spent all my money.

No use for you to cry

I see you by and by

'cause I`m walking to n. O.

I've got no time for talking.

I've got to keep on walking.

N. O. is my home

that's the reason while I'm gone

yes

I`m walking to N. O.

I'm walking to N. O.

I'm walking to N. O.

There’s a blood red circle

On the cold dark ground

And the rain is falling down

The church doors blown open

I can hear the organ’s song

But the congregation’s gone

My city of ruins

My city of ruins

Now the sweet veils of mercy

Drift through the evening trees

Young men on the corner

Like scattered leaves

The boarded up windows

The hustlers and thieves

While my brother’s down on his knees

My city of ruins

My city of ruins

Come on rise up!

Come on rise up!

Now there’s tears on the pillow

Darling where we slept

And you took my heart when you left

Without your sweet kiss

My soul is lost, my friend

Now tell me how do I begin again?

My city’s in ruins

My city’s in ruins

Now with these hands

I pray lord

With these hands

For the strength lord

With these hands

For the faith lord

With these hands

I pray lord

With these hands

For the strength lord

With these hands

For the faith lord

With these hands

Come on rise up!

Come on rise up!

Rise up

-- Bruce Springsteen

God bless everyone who has been affected by this disaster. We are overwhelmed by what we are seeing on the news.I can't imagine what these people are actually going through. Everyone, please open your hearts and your pocketbooks. Give to a charity of your choice, but please give.

my thoughts and prayers are with you all at the moment.

i will be giving a donation to help these poor people.

i cannot believe what i am seeing on the news each night.

coming from the uk i cannot imagine what these people are going through.

god bless you all.you will be in my prayers every night

Lord please look upon all those in the affected area with your hand of mercy. Provide hope for the hopeless and put your arms of protection around. If there is even one righteous, do not let the city be destroyed. I pray for rebuilding, restoration, and renovation.

Money is on the way, supplies are on the way. if you have family or friends affected, please know that in addition to official channels, there are so many individuals doing amazing things. A local hotel here is housing about 30 people refugees and people are taking them clothes and supplies - at the hotel's urging. People with family in La are loading up uhauls and getting them to Baton Rouge where at least it is closer.

As someone with a family history in Louisiana and a regular visitor to Biloxi and New Orleans, my heart is with you. You are in my prayers and I will continue to send anything I can for as long as it is needed.

My prayers, hopes and best wishes for all that are suffering, not just the ones who are in Mississippi, Alabama, Lousinia, but also the families everywhere who are worried about their loved ones. For the military guys and gals who are overseas, and have family here and don't know if they are safe or what.

Later, my family and I will send aid for right now many will give. Later on, it will be forgetten, to many it will be a sad event, forgotten with the new events, and that is when I want to help.

Janette

Money is on the way, supplies are on the way. if you have family or friends affected, please know that in addition to official channels, there are so many individuals doing amazing things. A local hotel here is housing about 30 people refugees and people are taking them clothes and supplies - at the hotel's urging. People with family in La are loading up uhauls and getting them to Baton Rouge where at least it is closer.

As someone with a family history in Louisiana and a regular visitor to Biloxi and New Orleans, my heart is with you. You are in my prayers and I will continue to send anything I can for as long as it is needed.

Hi Wolfie, Is it possible to post the name of the hotel? I already sent in two checks to relief efforts but I would love to do something on a more personal note. I will call the hotel first to find out what their greatest needs are. Thanks!

Please keep these posts coming. Never has the United States faced a natural disaster of this magnitude. Not the 1906 San Francisco earthquake or the tradegy of 9-11. This is truely a National Disaster, not just the gulf coast. There will be some that don't want to be reminded or see these posts but the rest of us have tremendous concern. We have lost the 23rd largest city in the US. We all need to get involved by giving money or volunteering physical help. Those that have no interest, please move on to another post that interests you. Give and give again.

Archived