Caviar on Silhouette

hvsteve1

You would have to sail on Seabourn. They offer an everyday caviar platter.

Celebrity doesn't have it anywhere that I've seen.

I've seen it offered at Murano (and the equivalent specialty restaurant on M-Class ships). Celerity's website still lists caviar service for Murano:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-murano

Guess we were wrong

Most likely it was roe, not caviar. Caviar is extremely expensive and not likely to be included in food at Blu. A lot of people call all fish eggs "caviar" but most are roe and not actual caviar.

Maybe in Crush?

Martini Bar & Crush

On the totally cool, ice-topped bar, our talented bartenders put on a high-energy show preparing an intriguing menu of classic and contemporary martinis, including the 20-Year Martini in celebration of Celebrity's 20th Anniversary. Sit back in the contemporary plush high-back chairs while listening to up-tempo tunes and enjoy a collection of classic and rare vodkas and a portfolio of fine caviars.

Most likely it was roe, not caviar. Caviar is extremely expensive and not likely to be included in food at Blu. A lot of people call all fish eggs "caviar" but most are roe and not actual caviar.

And they say you can't teach an old dog...

Like to learn something new about food [emoji226]

You would have to sail on Seabourn. They offer an everyday caviar platter.

Celebrity doesn't have it anywhere that I've seen.

You kind of nailed it. My wife fell in love with caviar on our Regent cruises where it's free at the captain's reception. She was all charged up for a "caviar orgy" on a two week land tour of Russia we had set for last summer but had to cancel due to a health issue. Now she WILL have caviar on this cruise. :rolleyes:

Caviar IS roe.

What makes the difference is that, by definition, caviar is the processed (usually salt-cured) roe of sturgeon. There are 26 different types of sturgeon, and technically, the roe from most of these could be processed into caviar, except for the green sturgeon, which is I understand is (or can be) poisonous. The most commonly known and appreciated caviars have traditionally been beluga, osetra and sevruga caviars.

There is excellent caviar produced by many countries, and excellent certified organic, sustainable caviar is produced here in British Columbia.

Edited by elena7seas

Search around in a few good supermarkets or gourmet shops and you can find some pretty good pasteurized "caviars" at very reasonable prices. Try a few, you might be surprised!

I know, not the best but plunked into your ice bucket for a while to chill it down it makes for a nice tasty treat with a glass of vodka and some water crackers while watching the stars roll by from your veranda.

OMO

bosco

There is most definitely cavier service at the Martini bar (crush, whatever) and for the price, which I believe was about $150 it should be on the better side. I can't rememer the price for sure but I definitely saw it on the menu on constellation and saw it ordered in multiple nights.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

They have Osetra in Murano, for an up charge of $150 for a tiny jar. The caviar they put on things like the eggs is a paddlefish roe or salmon roe, as the chef explained to us during a cooking demonstration. They rarely use sturgeon roe for garnish anymore. They also tend to use farm raised rather than wild caught.

Edited by cruisead

There is most definitely cavier service at the Martini bar (crush, whatever) and for the price, which I believe was about $150 it should be on the better side. I can't rememer the price for sure but I definitely saw it on the menu on constellation and saw it ordered in multiple nights.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hello,

Correct…several different selections in the Martini/Crush Bar…as can be seen from the menu here: (courtesy of the Preisman's review)

http://www.thepreismans.com/pan_can_menus.htm#martini

BBL