The Baths Planning. Advice/Opinion Needed!!!

goeva

We'll be at Tortola from 8AM-4PM on a Wednesday. We'll be traveling with 2 kids. (6 and 11) My 6 years old doesn't know how to swim yet, so I'm thinking to take them over to Spring Bay after the Baths.

I checked both ferry's schedule. And looks like I have two options.

Option 1. To Spanish Town, Speedy's 9AM - Return to Road Town, Speedy's 12:40PM

Option 2. To Spanish Town, Speedy's 9AM - Return to Road Town, Smith's 2:15PM

I like the 2nd option better but unsure about it. How difficult and how long is the walk from the Baths to Spring Bay? Do you think it's too much for the kids? My plan is to start from the Devil's bay trail, then make our way to the Baths. Have lunch at Top of the Baths and walk over to the Spring Bay.

OR Option 1. skip the Baths and spend 2 hours at Spring Bay, then take 12:40pm ferry back to Road Town.

Thank you !!!

We'll be at Tortola from 8AM-4PM on a Wednesday. We'll be traveling with 2 kids. (6 and 11) My 6 years old doesn't know how to swim yet, so I'm thinking to take them over to Spring Bay after the Baths.

I like the 2nd option better but unsure about it. How difficult and how long is the walk from the Baths to Spring Bay? Do you think it's too much for the kids? My plan is to start from the Devil's bay trail, then make our way to the Baths. Have lunch at Top of the Baths and walk over to the Spring Bay.

OR Option 1. skip the Baths and spend 2 hours at Spring Bay, then take 12:40pm ferry back to Road Town.

Thank you !!!

The Baths are really beautiful but when we went the red flag was up and it was unsafe to swim, so skip them if being in the water is really important.I just wanted to warn those who haven't done the devil's bay trail to watch a you tube video of it first and decide if you are up to the challenge. Last week I was on the Baths excursion with NCL and a 66 year old passenger died of a heart attack on Devil's Bay trail. Very sad.

The Baths are really beautiful but when we went the red flag was up and it was unsafe to swim, so skip them if being in the water is really important.I just wanted to warn those who haven't done the devil's bay trail to watch a you tube video of it first and decide if you are up to the challenge. Last week I was on the Baths excursion with NCL and a 66 year old passenger died of a heart attack on Devil's Bay trail. Very sad.

So sorry to hear of that fatality, that is terrible. We really feel for the family...

I have to say the water at the Baths is typically below your knees although you can get sea swells in the winter and during sea storms. The paths were not that bad for us but in some spots someone with difficulty or a toddler could use help. I don't want to assume, but I'm guessing this person had some type of condition that contributed to this.

But the videos of the Baths and the trails is helpful as long as it doesn't spoil the first experience...

Thank you !!!

Hi,

You've done your homework and I applaud you for that! ;)

I would suggest option 2 since the walk from the Top of the Baths isn't that long and is fairly flat. You can also decide whether to go to the Baths or Spring Bay first based on the number of people there at the time. The ferry will be $10pp more because you're buying one-way tickets, but it's well worth it to get the extra time on VG.

Great excursion idea! :)

Edited by blue_water

Hi,

You've done your homework and I applaud you for that! ;)

Thank you! All from your recommendation.:D

I would suggest option 2 since the walk from the Top of the Baths isn't that long and is fairly flat. You can also decide whether to go to the Baths or Spring Bay first based on the number of people there at the time. The ferry will be $10pp more because you're buying one-way tickets, but it's well worth it to get the extra time on VG.

Great excursion idea! :)

Option #2 it is. Can't wait to visit VG for the first time in October.