Bermuda Lobster

vickie1ok

Swizzle and anyone else who can help. I will be in Bermuda at the end of the month and I understand it's the season for Bermuda spiny lobsters. Do you have suggestions for restaurants where we could get them? I'm not interested in going to Bermuda to have Maine lobster; I can do that in Oklahoma!

Thanks for suggestions.

Don't worry about the Maine lobster, I don't think anyone here sells it.

When it is in season most upscale restaurants should have spiny lobster but I would call ahead first just in case. In Hamilton there is a restaurant, Monty's, that prides itself on having fresh spiny lobster when it is in season and Monty's not as upscale as most other places (like Lobster Pot or Barracuda Grill) so the price may be better. Monty's is about halfway between Hamilton and the Hamilton Princess Hotel. Just walk west on Front Street for about 10 minutes.

I must confess I'm not a big fan of lobster so I've never gone out of my way to find it at restaurants. :o

In a remarkable coincidence I went to lunch with some friends at Harbourfront Restaurant on Front Street and one of them ordered lobster, noting that lobster season just started. I didn't even realize that Harbourfront served lobster.

I asked and she said her favourite place for lobster is Black Horse Tavern in St. Davids.

Archived