Question RE dining room

RoDel

Hi all,

We are a group of 10 sailing on the Maasdam in a few months. We were assigned the late seating in the Upper section of the dining room. From what I can see in the dining room layout (thanks, halfacts.com!), there is only one table that will accommodate 10 people in the upper level.

My question is - should there be another large group using that table, would they move us to the lower level? We won't mind either way, just curious!

Thanks.

My question is - should there be another large group using that table, would they move us to the lower level? We won't mind either way, just curious!

I think it's more likely that they will split you between two smaller tables that are near each other, or possibly squeeze two more chairs into a table normally for eight.

Edited by jtl513

Make sure all of your reservations are tied together for dinner. May be a good idea to call (or have your TA call) and specifically request a large table as there are a few of them on the lower level. They may just move you to the lower level for your convenience and assign you one of the larger tables.

Thank you! Our bookings have already been cross-referenced, so hopefully we can snatch up that one big table.

If not, don't be upset. You could be placed at two rectangular tables (one for 6, the other for 4) next to each other. People are still able to chat a bit back and forth, but can also converse more easily at the smaller tables.

Each night people can switch around so that everyone gets to sit with everyone else some times.