Miami or FLL? - One Day/Night pre-cruise

michelerdh72

We are driving down Friday before Memorial day for our cruise on the Breeze which departs Sat from Miami. We plan to arrive in the area Friday morning. I am trying to decide if I should book a room in or near Fort Lauderdale or Miami for Friday night. Last year we drove down and spent the day in Miami South Beach area but we did not stay overnight. I would like to find an inexpensive hotel for the night (under $200). Anyone have any suggestions for how we should spend our day on Friday. It will be me, DH and our daughters (age 14 and 18). Thanks:)

I find the FLL area to be more family friendly and hotels there are generally cheaper than comparable properties in Miami/Miami Beach.

Memorial day weekend can be crowded - I would book something now that you can live with and then keep shopping. For teens the beach, water taxi and dinner out somewhere fun should fill the day. Check http://www.sunny.org for FLL area tourist and lodging info.

Since your driving you could also consider other areas. Deerfield is a nice area as well. Wyndham deerfield is right across from the beach and looks like it's running for 185$ with tax on priceline for the Friday night of Memorial weekend.