Galveston Pink Taxi--no help on gulf coast section

bradysmom

Has anyone used Glaveston Pink Taxi?

We are flying into Houston IAH, and sailing out of Galveston.

Pink taxi has a good rate, and they responded quickly to my request for a quote, but it sounds like it is just a woman and her husband that drive their 2 vans, and she said they have only done about 30 airport trips.

They didn't ask for a deposit, and also didn't send any sort of confirmation.

This all makes me nervous, but I'm not opposed to using little guys who are new. I just don't want to be stuck without transportation.

Thanks for your help!!

I have not used them (or anyone in the Galveston are for that matter). But when researching pick ups from HOU to Galveston I was liking galvestonshuttle.com. I had booked them for our round trip transportation but when the cost to fly shot up we canceled it all and planned a long road trip instead. The interactions I did had with them were positive and if we win the lottery before we sail I would probably book them again. But just to be clear I have not actually used their services, just a couple of phone calls and an online booking. Good Luck!

I've never even heard of them but if they are a new start up then I wish them luck.

I'd be hesitant to rely on a taxi coming to pick me up at IAH all the way from Galveston. If they really do only have a couple of vans, a breakdown or wreck could really screw up your plans. If they no-show you'll be paying a hefty price to get a last minute taxi from IAH to the port.

• 8 months later...
I've never even heard of them but if they are a new start up then I wish them luck.

I'd be hesitant to rely on a taxi coming to pick me up at IAH all the way from Galveston. If they really do only have a couple of vans, a breakdown or wreck could really screw up your plans. If they no-show you'll be paying a hefty price to get a last minute taxi from IAH to the port.

Hi Rudyard,

I don't usually reply to posts, but yours did catch my attention. I am half of the Galveston Pink Taxi fleet. Your points are, certainly, valid, but are true for any transportation service with whom you might pre-schedule. We are actually Independent Contractors with Yellow Cab, and own the only two pink taxis in Galveston. From our business backgrounds, my husband and I have developed a successful micro-franchise. We partner with many other drivers and transfer companies, so in the event we are not able to accommodate a requested schedule we will suggest our trusted partners.

While anything can happen in regards to failing to make the scheduled transfer, we can contact one of our partner drivers to take care of the customer. They either accept our rates, or we will work with them to take care of any difference so the customer is not inconvenienced. (In two years of operating, this has occurred once) Even with a shuttle bus company, you have the same risk of an unexpected interruption of service. The shuttle company would either have to send a second vehicle which could take time, call upon their partner services, or have the customer take an available taxi.

However you choose to transfer to your cruise ships, I wish you very happy travels.

What does this have to do with Carnival Cruise Lines

Hmmm...

The thread is now in the gulf coast homeport forum, not in the Carnival forum. Though since carnival sails from Galveston, it would not be surprising if a carnival cruiser have a ground transit question.

While anything can happen in regards to failing to make the scheduled transfer, we can contact one of our partner drivers to take care of the customer. They either accept our rates, or we will work with them to take care of any difference so the customer is not inconvenienced.

Very nice to know and thanks for the clarification. I don't need transportation myself since I'm not far from the port, but will be willing to let others know about you if the question about transportation comes up in another thread.

What does this have to do with Carnival Cruise Lines

I'm guessing that it fell off page 1 on the Carnival boards back in February due to the lack of replies and went unnoticed by the mods. The mods probably saw it today when it was bumped up and moved it.