Getaway Photo Review - Food Focus - Specialty Dining - Chef's Table - Viva Vino

megacruiser

That's it for tonight. Sorry that it is taking so long but I did say that I have a job that occupies a lot of my time. So your patience is appreciated. I have not forgotten that I intend to reply to some of the comments and questions, but felt I should get these posts uploaded first.

Next time will be Day 4, which includes the Chef's Table and the Firework Display.. so please stay with me. I'll get this finished as soon as possible... Thanks.

OMG....you should not apologize for anything! Great review and I appreciate the time you have spent; terrific job!

Still following!!

Loving all your reports, keep having to restrict how many times I keep checking to see if your next instalment is online!!

Really, really appreciate all the time this must be taking you. Judging by all the positive comments that are being posted , many people feel the same as me. So well done and please keep going .

We're sailing on Getaway in July, our first time on NCl, so loving all the details and photos.

Best wishes.

Many thanks for your words of encouragement.

Kind regards

megacruiser

I really enjoyed reading your detailed review and the accompanying pictures. I'm debating which speciality restaurant to repeat and you had helped with my final decision. Le Bistro it is! My family would just need to come along. Thanks!

Many thanks. Good choice; Le Bistro seldom disappoints...

Kind regards

megacruiser

Thank you. Wonderful review. I'm devouring all the reviews I can find on the Getaway - we are sailing NCL for the first time in December. (We've only sailed Princess so far.) This looks like a fabulous ship! I love all the pictures - especially of the menus. Yummmm.

Thank you so much for the lovely feedback.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Another follower here. We have booked the Getaway for our 2016 cruise and am enjoying your review! Thank you for taking the time to do this!

You are most welcome and many thanks for taking the time to comment.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Another follower here! October 31st will be my sixth Norwegian Cruise ,but it will be my first mega ship cruise. Your review has certainly upped the degree of anticipation.thank you so very much.

For me, the anticipation is half the pleasure.

Thanks for commenting.

megacruiser

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your reviews, they really are fabulous.

We're on the Getaway this May for the first time and thoroughly looking forward to it. It was after stumbling upon your review of the Epic a few weeks ago that I was totally convinced that we 'really' needed to take advantage of the great offers/prices and grabbed a B6 with free UBP and UDP on a 10 day November trip. :D

So glad to hear that you enjoyed my reviews. A 10-day cruise is just what you need to really relax. Have a great time.

Kind regards

megacruiser

One of the best reviews....you really have a great writing style. You keep your readers engaged and wanting more. What is your profession? I bet you're some type of writer or instructor? We're sailing Breakaway out of New York again in September, and this review of her sister ship has me excited for our sailing

Many thanks for the kind compliment. Workwise, nothing that exciting I am afraid. Telecoms... A lot of hours, but it allows me to take 3 or 4 cruises a year. I work to cruise...

Kind regards

megacruiser

Best review I've ever read! Since you started this review I've gone back and read each one you've written. I board the Getaway a week from Saturday and your review is getting me even more excited than I was before! Your photos are spectacular! Cannot wait to read the rest :)

I guess your cruise is imminent. Enjoy; I am sure you will. Thanks for the very kind compliment and for reading all my other reviews. You must have tremendous patience and fortitude! :)

Kind regards

megacruiser

Megacruiser,

I have been enjoying your review since yesterday! Thank you for the time and effort you put forth to write it, it is appreciated!! Keep up the good work!! Looking forward to your next installment.

Edited by RN Cruiser1

Still here, reading every update! Honestly, I can't brag enough on your review. From your writing style to your pictures.....one word PERFECT! :)

You really are too kind but I am about to post pictures of the buffet that will make it clear that many of the photos aren't just less than perfect but rather poor. I will post them anyway to give a "flavour" of what's on offer...

Many thanks and kind regards,

megacruiser

If anyone was hoping for useful information from my adventures ashore, I am sorry but didn't get off the ship and I seldom do, having visited most of the usual Caribbean ports many times.

I took a notion to have a made-to-order omelette for breakfast. There are at least a couple of omelette stations but I tended to use the one towards the aft. The cook takes three orders at a time and prepares them exactly as you want. I liked that he took his time, properly cooking the raw ingredients before adding the egg mix; which sadly was the usual prepared one that comes frozen in a cardboard container. Still the end result was better than expected...

Day%204%20Breakfast%20omelette%20station-7737_zpsz54vw0fb.jpg

Day%204%20Breakfast-7739_zpsutxv6pfu.jpg

I will roll this section on to the lunch buffet and get all of it out the way at once. Buffets don’t look appealing other than at the start of service. One can usually pick a few bits and pieces to fill a whole; but for me it’s not the ideal way to dine...

Day%204%20Buffet%20bar-8767_zpslb6wengx.jpg

Day%204%20Buffet%20beverages-8766_zpsabxmwzit.jpg

Day%204%20Buffet%20salads-8765_zpstqdexhzq.jpg

Edited by megacruiser

The next thing I will be working on is the Chef's Table and the Firework Display. I won't have it ready to post tonight; but as tomorrow is my day off, I'll post it then.

Thanks again for all the feedback. It really helps to know if people are following... Good night.