Amigo Tours Orient-Maho Beach Bum Tour in St. Maarten

TarheelCruiser85

Has anyone booked this tour with Amigo Tours before? If so, can you please tell me about your experience with Amigo? I've reserved this tour for a Carnival cruise in April, but this is my first time ever booking an excursion that wasn't sold by Carnival, so I'm not sure what to expect. Did you have a good experience? A bad one? Just okay? I've read the TripAdvisor reviews but was hoping to get some feedback here on CC as well. Thanks in advance for any information!

Has anyone booked this tour with Amigo Tours before? If so, can you please tell me about your experience with Amigo? I've reserved this tour for a Carnival cruise in April, but this is my first time ever booking an excursion that wasn't sold by Carnival, so I'm not sure what to expect. Did you have a good experience? A bad one? Just okay? I've read the TripAdvisor reviews but was hoping to get some feedback here on CC as well. Thanks in advance for any information!

We booked with Amigo Tours through Viator website prior to the cruise and LOVED the tour! We did the "Half Day Beach Tour" for $39pp last month. It included 2-hrs at Orient Beach, 2-hrs at Maho Beach and an island tour. Our driver Eddie drove a 30-passenger, air-conditioned bus and even provided us with free water, beer and rum punch throughout the entire tour. Near the end of the tour, he dropped off any passengers that wanted to do some shopping in Phillipsburg, while taking the rest of us back to the ship. Note: if you get off to shop, it will be your responsibility to find transportation (taxi) back to the ship.

We had an absolute blast on this tour and HIGHLY recommend it! Orient Beach is our favorite place on earth, and watching the planes come in over your head at Maho Beach is quite a thrilling experience!

:cool:Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the reply! You say you booked this tour through Viator...did you pay up front for the tour or did you pay upon arrival? We booked this tour directly through Amigo Tours and I was told we would pay upon arrival that day rather than in advance. I was just wondering if Viator does the same?

Thank you so much for the reply! You say you booked this tour through Viator...did you pay up front for the tour or did you pay upon arrival? We booked this tour directly through Amigo Tours and I was told we would pay upon arrival that day rather than in advance. I was just wondering if Viator does the same?

Yes, we paid up before leaving home for the cruise. It was booked through Viator online, but was Amigo Tours that took us on the excursion. Fantastic time!

We booked with Amigo Tours through Viator website prior to the cruise and LOVED the tour! We did the "Half Day Beach Tour" for $39pp last month. It included 2-hrs at Orient Beach, 2-hrs at Maho Beach and an island tour. Our driver Eddie drove a 30-passenger, air-conditioned bus and even provided us with free water, beer and rum punch throughout the entire tour. Near the end of the tour, he dropped off any passengers that wanted to do some shopping in Phillipsburg, while taking the rest of us back to the ship. Note: if you get off to shop, it will be your responsibility to find transportation (taxi) back to the ship.

We had an absolute blast on this tour and HIGHLY recommend it! Orient Beach is our favorite place on earth, and watching the planes come in over your head at Maho Beach is quite a thrilling experience!

Hi Bill,

May I ask what time your ship docked in St. Maarten and what time your tour was? Also, is there a time difference between island time and ship time?

Thanks!

Ditto - did this same tour last November -booked thru Viator - with Amigo - nothing bad to say - as described and worth the $$! :)