Breeze - Spa or not to Spa

familycruzinnewbie

We went on the Breeze April 2014 Southern. We are thinking of going again late August 2016, this time to St Kitts and St Maarten. We'll have kiddos 14 and 16 in our room. Trying to decide if we should book a Spa Cabin, we didn't last time. It would be about $340 total more for almost the exact same OV cabin, or we could get an inside Spa for close to the same price. Is it worth it? I know it would just be me and DH that would have access to the Spa.

I love the spa on the Breeze. It is so good to go there after a long day in port to sit in the Thalassotherapy pool. But I didn't get a spa room, I just got my regular room and bought a spa pass for the week. Spa pass was $150 for one or $250 for 2.

We loved our spa cabins, but don't always get them. They are great when the weather is bad and you still want to sit in a hot tub! Of course, that's hard to predict. I don't know the rules, but I'm guessing your children will not be able to use the spa facilities without an adult.

Yes, agree with previous poster about the wonders of Thassalotherapy after an excursion.

Definatly book that Spa cabin!! Both our sailings on the Breeze we started off with a balcony on deck 8, and both times upgraded to a Spa cabin. So worth it..The quietness of the spa deck is just fabulous! Going on the Sunshine in 54 more days, once again, started on deck 8, then seen prices were real good for a Spa Balcony, sooooooo booked it again.! This time my almost 15 yo DD is excited cause she'll be able to check it out , with me of course!! Book it I say!

Definatly book that Spa cabin!! Both our sailings on the Breeze we started off with a balcony on deck 8, and both times upgraded to a Spa cabin. So worth it..The quietness of the spa deck is just fabulous! Going on the Sunshine in 54 more days, once again, started on deck 8, then seen prices were real good for a Spa Balcony, sooooooo booked it again.! This time my almost 15 yo DD is excited cause she'll be able to check it out , with me of course!! Book it I say!

Just an FYI, I don't think anyone under 18 is allowed to use the Cloud 9 Spa.

Just be aware that if by chance you think about a spa balcony...they aren't covered in the Breeze. We had a rainy week and couldn't use our balcony much. I would just get a spa pass rather than book the spa cabin. Not worth the difference in price. My husband loves the spa, but the t pool hits me wrong as I'm short and it's uncomfortable to sit on the benches. Have fun no matter what you decide!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just be aware that if by chance you think about a spa balcony...they aren't covered in the Breeze. We had a rainy week and couldn't use our balcony much. I would just get a spa pass rather than book the spa cabin. Not worth the difference in price. My husband loves the spa, but the t pool hits me wrong as I'm short and it's uncomfortable to sit on the benches. Have fun no matter what you decide!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

depends which deck your are on...the highest deck is not covered, I'm on deck 11 and it is covered.

On Liberty I had one of the Spa deck balconies with no overhang. Now I booked it when it was a family ocean view and they built me a balcony in drydock before the cruise. We didn't use it too much and we found while waiting to leave port the people on the main deck above could look down on us. So not the most private option.

I don't think a $340 bump is worth it to go from Lido to Spa deck on the Breeze in exactly the same spot (at the from obstructed view picture window). The next question is would I be willing to pay $160 more and lose the window for a Spa Inside. Not sure on that one either. What is the difference between staying in a spa cabin and just buying the spa pass? I'm guessing you don't get fancy robes or yellow towels or hair conditioner (crazy could not for the life of me get conditioner on my last cruise as DD was using up my tiny travel bottle from home). But other than that do you get the same perks? I've seen people say it's only $199 now for 2 people for the week, but can't find info on carnival page.

I had a Spa cabin on the Breeze and I loved it. I was on Deck 11 and my balcony was covered. On the Breeze, they gave my 17 year old a tough time, even when I was with her, but after her father made an appearance and spoke to the staff she got her sticker and her Cloud 9 bracelet and had no further problems using the facilities.

We went on the Breeze April 2014 Southern. We are thinking of going again late August 2016, this time to St Kitts and St Maarten. We'll have kiddos 14 and 16 in our room. Trying to decide if we should book a Spa Cabin, we didn't last time. It would be about $340 total more for almost the exact same OV cabin, or we could get an inside Spa for close to the same price. Is it worth it? I know it would just be me and DH that would have access to the Spa.

I would book Spa in a heartbeat....I love love love it. We booked one on the inaugural Vista cruise and we are so looking forward to it. Good luck.

We loved our spa cabins, but don't always get them. They are great when the weather is bad and you still want to sit in a hot tub! Of course, that's hard to predict. I don't know the rules, but I'm guessing your children will not be able to use the spa facilities without an adult.

Yes, agree with previous poster about the wonders of Thassalotherapy after an excursion.

Yes love the pool. The Spa is only for this first and second person in the cabin. The others can go but you would need to buy a pass.