Laundry on the Davina

Crzyfrk62

Does anyone know the cost of doing laundry on the ship? Is it by the piece or bag? If I'm in the Yacht club does that make a difference?

There are two laundry packages available that allow you to have up to 20 pieces washed:

- Regular Laundry Package - $25 (items are collected before 10am and returned before 5pm the next day)

-Express Laundry Pacakge - $40 (items are collected before 9am and returned before 5pm the same day)

Same pricing for Yacht Club members

• 4 months later...
This is good to know.

Our FIRST time on MSC and I know nothing.

Is there a link to secrets of MSC or something like that?

Hahaha! This is the secret. There are some cruisers on here that will go out of their way to help you and know MSC better then some MSC employees. I have gotten such great info from this site and try and give back when I can!

This is good to know.

Our FIRST time on MSC and I know nothing.

Is there a link to secrets of MSC or something like that?

The 20 pieces for $25 package is for the duration of the cruise. You don't have to get everything laundered all at once.

Does the $25 package include ironing? Thanks!:)

Laundered clothes will be returned ironed, on hangers or folded - your choice - but the package doesn't cover ironing only. Don't ask me why - I've brought it up when onboard and nobody could give me a reason.

I always get DH's shirts and some other stuff ironed once I've unpacked so it's a particular gripe of mine to have to pay per item. I once sent clean items for laundering just to get them ironed as the package is cheaper, but I think they use very hot water which wasn't good for the clothes!

The 20 pieces for $25 package is for the duration of the cruise. You don't have to get everything laundered all at once.

Already said to my husband, So thats 10 pieces each, make sure you take heaps of undies so your not using my allowance. ;)

Edited by kiwigirl@nz

Wow that's pretty cool. Do they ever offer, like Royal Caribbean, the "pack a bag as full as possible for $x" promo?

Wow that's pretty cool. Do they ever offer, like Royal Caribbean, the "pack a bag as full as possible for $x" promo?

I don't think so. There was talk that MSC was going to extend the offer to one package per week for a cruise of 14 nights or more but I haven't heard if it's being implemented. Must find out on my October repo!

I don't think so. There was talk that MSC was going to extend the offer to one package per week for a cruise of 14 nights or more but I haven't heard if it's being implemented. Must find out on my October repo!

Let me know about that!! I'm doing a B2B late November and had planned to use the laundry service. I thought I might as well put the $400 OBC to use but if they are going to offer it up or include it in 14+ even better!

Let me know about that!! I'm doing a B2B late November and had planned to use the laundry service. I thought I might as well put the $400 OBC to use but if they are going to offer it up or include it in 14+ even better!

On the US-based lines everything resets on a B2B including folios, promos, drink packages, and OBC. So how is it with MSC? Maybe a B&B counts as two cruises (and thus two laundry deals) anyway?

On the US-based lines everything resets on a B2B including folios, promos, drink packages, and OBC. So how is it with MSC? Maybe a B&B counts as two cruises (and thus two laundry deals) anyway?

We were on a b2b last September on the Davina, and used the laundry package. You can use this over the 14 nights. I thought you may need to use it on the 1st week, but our Yatch Club butler told us we could carry it forward if we wanted to.

A B2B may be treated differently to a 14+ night cruise, e.g., a repo which is what I'll be doing. If they insist you have to disembark, then re-embark with probably a different cabin, then each section should be treated as a new cruise and the offers reset.

Laundered clothes will be returned ironed, on hangers or folded - your choice - but the package doesn't cover ironing only. Don't ask me why - I've brought it up when onboard and nobody could give me a reason.

I always get DH's shirts and some other stuff ironed once I've unpacked so it's a particular gripe of mine to have to pay per item. I once sent clean items for laundering just to get them ironed as the package is cheaper, but I think they use very hot water which wasn't good for the clothes!

Thank you for your kind and informative reply, Bea. I was also going to ask about washing temperature and overall care of delicate/shrinkable clothing. Your reply answered all of my questions. ;)

Kind Regards,

Alison

:D

Thank you for your kind and informative reply, Bea. I was also going to ask about washing temperature and overall care of delicate/shrinkable clothing. Your reply answered all of my questions. ;)

Kind Regards,

Alison

You're welcome, Alison. :)

I've never seen any complaints about laundered clothes, either on here or anywhere else, but I personally wouldn't use the service again. I felt the clothes came back "limp" which is why I think they use hot water.

Thanks again, Bea. I actually don't mind hand washing a few items and hanging them in the shower to dry. (I have special hangers for this.) Then I'll send any 'outer' clothing out to be ironed. I like having a fresh 'flight home' outfit.

This may seem tacky for someone staying in the YC but oh well, I like to do things myself. :rolleyes: I wonder if the butler will reprimand me. :eek:

Kind Regards,

Alison

On our repo from UK to Cape town (22nights), I had a long chat to the MSC Club Rep, Tramona ( a lovely South African Girl) when I was told by reception that it was 1 offer per cruise. Tramona listened very carefully when i said that if I did three x 7 night back to back cruises I would get 1 laundry deal per week., and that should be the norm for longer cruises as well.

She contacted head office in Naples and put over my views, They came back and said anyone on the cruise could have 1 package per week per cabin but they had to be used one per week of the cruise, you couldn't have 2 or 3 packages in the last week, I think that was a fair result.

Tramona was absolutely briliant.

So if you need to haggle on your repo just say that on the MSC Opera repo, Southampton to Cape town, on 7 to 28 Oct 2014 they Head office granted 1 package per week per cabin , but no roll over from one week to the next was allowed.

I got the precedent set so now others can argue for the same.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

A B2B may be treated differently to a 14+ night cruise, e.g., a repo which is what I'll be doing. If they insist you have to disembark, then re-embark with probably a different cabin, then each section should be treated as a new cruise and the offers reset.

My B2B are booked as separate cruise with separate booking references so I will expect everything to be reset on day 15 so I get 2 lots of Black card perks ie 2 lots of bottles of bubbly and strawbs (4 bottles total); 2 sets of complimentary dinners ( so 4 lots over the 28 days, (2 each for me end her indoors), 4 complimentary gifts, not forgetting FOUR CHOCOLATE SHIPS.

Pete

So should I go to the concierge desk in the YC day one about the laundry or should I contact them before we go? I could pull up this thread and let them know once I get on board. All I need is one wash on my B2B. If I can get it comp then even better.

So should I go to the concierge desk in the YC day one about the laundry or should I contact them before we go? I could pull up this thread and let them know once I get on board. All I need is one wash on my B2B. If I can get it comp then even better.

No need to go to the concierge on day 1 just enjoy getting to settle into the YC.

Get to know your butler and his assistant, they'l know if there are any offers coming later in the criuise. Sort out important Day 1 issues like your dining arragements and preferences.

Get to know some of the other butlers and waiters in the Topsail lounge and let them know your favourite tipples.

THe conciegeies will either introduce themselves or your butler will introduce you to them as part of the famiiarisation tour your butler will give you. there'll be plenty of time to sort out the laundry on day 2 or 3, the YC staff are excellent and incredibly helpful. and know the systems. So relax, you'll be in good hands when you are on the ship and just let them do their jobs, which is to ensure you have an excellent experience and hassle free holiday.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

No need to go to the concierge on day 1 just enjoy getting to settle into the YC.

Get to know your butler and his assistant, they'l know if there are any offers coming later in the criuise. Sort out important Day 1 issues like your dining arragements and preferences.

Get to know some of the other butlers and waiters in the Topsail lounge and let them know your favourite tipples.

THe conciegeies will either introduce themselves or your butler will introduce you to them as part of the famiiarisation tour your butler will give you. there'll be plenty of time to sort out the laundry on day 2 or 3, the YC staff are excellent and incredibly helpful. and know the systems. So relax, you'll be in good hands when you are on the ship and just let them do their jobs, which is to ensure you have an excellent experience and hassle free holiday.

Pete

Sounds perfect!! Hoping to see some of the staff we had in April.

I just want a nice drink and snacks at the pool bar or in Top Sail with that fabulous view once on board!

Your right! Oh I can't wait!