Cutbacks I hate!

mrobstad

Does worst day cruising better then work apply here :)

Tell me about it - I was stuck with laryngitis the 1st night and full day, no port stop at Great Stirrup Cay due to bad weather, 70 degree beach weather at Florida and overnight stay at Nassau. And yet I got cure with a martini tasting -(it was yummy and drunk inducing or was that because of the Alleve? I sober up over at O'sheenan with wings and mozzarella sticks), watch Alfred Hitchcock and Jack Robinson movies when the ship missed port; frozen my body in Port Canaveral on my birthday (polar bear challenge- Woohoo!!) and had dinner plus drinks over Nassau in the evening and slept through the day (Painkiller drink is no joke!!)

And I still would take those bad incidents on a cruise trip (except for the laryngitis - that was just plain bad, not even coughing or sneezing, just could not talk at all with knives to the voicebox ....) over a good day at work anytime!!;)

I guess I'm lucky. I can't think of a single thing which is no longer available which I'm fussed about. There probably is something, but right now I'm drawing a blank.

Actually, I suppose a glass of bubbly on boarding wouldn't go amiss, but it isn't as if I couldn't get one if I wanted, and I get a bottle in the room anyway, although obviously most people don't get that as its a latitudes perk.

Edited by KeithJenner

Here's the ones I miss the most:

1. No brownie with ice cream in O'Sheehans

2. No cheese platters (free) with room service

3. No spinach or artichoke dip with room service

4. No (Brie or Camenbert) in the Garden Cafe

They didn't have that brownie on our last cruise either, and I really missed that!! Sounds silly, I know ... but my kids were really disappointed that they got rid of it.

Also, the room service menu is the worst of any cruise line I have been on!

I guess I'm lucky. I can't think of a single thing which is no longer available which I'm fussed about. There probably is something, but right now I'm drawing a blank.

Actually, I suppose a glass of bubbly on boarding wouldn't go amiss, but it isn't as if I couldn't get one if I wanted, and I get a bottle in the room anyway, although obviously most people don't get that as its a latitudes perk.

I miss the champagne when boarding. I thought that was very classy of NCL. It's a shame they stopped it.

They didn't have that brownie on our last cruise either, and I really missed that!! Sounds silly, I know ... but my kids were really disappointed that they got rid of it.

Also, the room service menu is the worst of any cruise line I have been on!

Really? I like the BLT sandwiches from room service.....

Sissasmom, you know I love NCL. I think they offer a great product. They've made small cutbacks I'm guessing they think no one noticed. I guess I should have just asked did anyone else notice? Didn't realize I'd get caught up in semantics. Or be stoned to death....

Here's the ones I miss the most:

1. No brownie with ice cream in O'Sheehans

thats what i am going to miss the most :(

I loved it when i was on the Gem a few years ago, missed on it breakaway last year and now i am going to miss it again this year

Sissasmom, you know I love NCL. I think they offer a great product. They've made small cutbacks I'm guessing they think no one noticed. I guess I should have just asked did anyone else notice? Didn't realize I'd get caught up in semantics. Or be stoned to death....

That what the forums are for - throwing stones from/at glasses houses, lol.

Just ignore the <cough> not so pleasant people. Some people are just miserable and cannot have a conversation w/out making others feel terrible. I noticed the cutbacks. It goes without saying that it wouldn't stop you or I from cruising ... but it has definitely been noticed.

thats what i am going to miss the most :(

I loved it when i was on the Gem a few years ago, missed on it breakaway last year and now i am going to miss it again this year

My kids would stop at O'Sheehan's every night after leaving the teen club to get one. They really missed it on our last cruise.

It's all good. Nothing wrong with using your voice. Just tried making you feel better about it :)

Kids go to college, you cut back. Didn't get as good a bonus as last year, you cut back. I get it. There's probably more, little things that I didn't notice last week. Seems like everyone noticed the absence of lobster night. I've read thousands of posts on that. But, I still miss the brownie with ice cream, and the room service menu has certainly been cut back. I predict no room service at all in the future....we will see.

Does worst day cruising better then work apply here :)

I see this posted all the time on CC & think some people must have reeeaaaalllllyyyyyyy horrible jobs. My job isn't the best ever, but I don't pay to go to work. Amazingly enough, they actually pay me, which many jobs people have on CC don't appear to do. :confused: When any cruise line not only lets me on for free, but pays me at the end of the week, this sentiment will have merit. Until then, this comparison just makes me shake my head. How can anyone equate a paid for vacation to going to work, which pays you?

To nacnac, I'm not picking on your personally. :) Sorry your post was the one I finally replied to, but I've seen this statement many times. For the record, it makes no sense at all, regardless of who posts it. Vacation shouldn't even compare to work. You paid the hard earned money that you suffered daily for in order to be able to vacation.

Edited by tarheelmjfan

Kids go to college, you cut back. Didn't get as good a bonus as last year, you cut back. I get it. There's probably more, little things that I didn't notice last week. Seems like everyone noticed the absence of lobster night. I've read thousands of posts on that. But, I still miss the brownie with ice cream, and the room service menu has certainly been cut back. I predict no room service at all in the future....we will see.

You predict no room service and I predict them adding a service charge during the daytime / evening time like they do for late night every time one orders. Let's hope YOU'RE right about that because mines it more likely to occurred.....:(

I see this posted all the time on CC & think some people must have reeeaaaalllllyyyyyyy horrible jobs. My job isn't the best ever, but I don't pay to go to work. Amazingly enough, they actually pay me, which many jobs people have on CC don't appear to do. :confused: When any cruise line not only lets me on for free, but pays me at the end of the week, this sentiment will have merit. Until then, this comparison just makes me shake my head. How can anyone equate a paid for vacation to going to work, which pays you?

To nacnac, I'm not picking on your personally. :) Sorry your post was the one I finally replied to, but I've seen this statement many times. For the record, it makes no sense at all, regardless of who posts it.

It makes plenty of sense.

When I'm on a cruise I don't think about how much I paid for it, and I don't consider how much I get paid for my job. It is a plain and simple fact that even the least memorable days on a cruise (or any holiday come to that) are better than the vast vast majority of days at work. Maybe not those days when you get the promotion or the big contract, but most days.

If you analyse it right down then I'm sure that holes can be picked in the phrase, but that goes for just about any often quoted phrase.

For the record, I've never said it myself, but the point seems quite obvious to me

To nacnac, I'm not picking on your personally. :) Sorry your post was the one I finally replied to, but I've seen this statement many times. For the record, it makes no sense at all, regardless of who posts it. Vacation shouldn't even compare to work. You paid the hard earned money that you suffered daily for in order to be able to vacation.

Lighten up, Francis. It's just a whimsical saying. :rolleyes: