Just off Silhouette....

rbuenger

We're with Jane2357 ... we chose X becauseof their balcony smoking policy, and for it to have any benefit, X will have to enforce it. I thought (and assumed) that they would enforce it pretty strongly!

Thanks for the review ... we were on Reflection last year at this time, and we were over the moon to be able to find a nice Aqua cat. price on the Silhouette for this year! :)

Can't wait to see if we like her as much as we did Reflection!

Can you give us more detail about the smoking problem? We had an issue once and it was dealt with so quickly although it took me using a high liter and the daily taped to their door for the smokers to really "get it". Who did you contact and what was their response? Did you escalate the issue? For those of us that loath smoke - letting this slide will only contribute to a growing problem.

We initially raised the issue with guest services in day 4, the person I spoke to asked that I call when there was active smoking going as they needed to actually witness the smoking themselves in order to do something about it. . Our stateroom attendant was much more proactive about it when we mentioned it to him and said that he would look into it and was more than apologetic about it. The level of smoking went WAY down after we spoke to the attendant but did not stop completely.

To the OP, did you get any indication of how long the Captain and cruise director would be on board? We are on the April 19 TA, just curious!

Sorry Cathy, I did not. We had the same Capt. On our August cruise on Silhouette, so based on the 3 month on / 3 month off rule for Celebrity Captains, he may be due to leave in March....

Silhouette is our favourite ship. Great crew, great service, delicious food in BLU...

For those of you booked on Silhouette or planning to sail on her - here´s is a picture heavy tour through the ship.

http://www.kreuzfahrtinfos.at/forum/index.php/Thread/6339-Celebrity-Silhouette-Ein-Schiffsrundgang-und-Vorgeschmack-auf-unser-Forentreffen/

Never mind the German text - the pics will tell the story :-)

You're right. The pictures tell the story. Thanks for posting them can't wait to see it all.

Sorry Cathy, I did not. We had the same Capt. On our August cruise on Silhouette, so based on the 3 month on / 3 month off rule for Celebrity Captains, he may be due to leave in March....

Okay thanks! We're not the kind of people who need to know everything ahead of time, don't need to see the menus, plan every activity, etc. We like to discover things once we're actually on the ship!' But on a TA especially, the cruise director can make a big difference. We've had good ones and not so good ones, just hoping for better than last year!

We will be on Silhouette in September for our first European cruise. So excited! We loved Reflection and I am sure Silhouette will be just as good. We booked alcoves too and great to hear about great service. Look forward to more reviews.